1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a good USB 2.0 card reader that reads 2gb (maybe even 4gb) SD cards, Microdrive/Compact Flash, Memory Stick/Memory Stick Duo Pro, Smart media and others?

I have tried like 5 different readers and they don't read my 2gb SD card (Corsair 133x 2gb SD).
    "Living is the only thing worth dying for."
    I use the SanDisk 8n1 card reader. I am not sure what the "8" are but it reads my 2.0GB SD card and compact flash card without a problem.

SD cards = Blue SanDisk 2.0GB and Ultra II SanDisk 2.0GB

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/30/2005 at 07:44 AM.
    I use the SanDisk 12 in 1 reader. Works great - no drivers necessary or anything. Cord is a bit short though.

EDIT - I use a 2gb sandisk regular ole blue SD card.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I use a 1GB Sandisk Ultra II SD Plus card, which does not require a USB reader.
  5.    #5  
    Good suggestions. I wanna make sure i get a good card reader. I have 2 of them. One reads my 4gb microdrive but doesnt read my 2gb SD card. The other reads my 2gb SD card and doesn't read my 4gb microdrive
    "Living is the only thing worth dying for."
    I have this card as well.... and the 12-1 reader.... wish they had a 2GB SD plus card..... my 1GB is full.....
    I had the same problem that everyone else had when I bought my A-Data 2GB 150x SD card. I got frustrated and ran down to Office Depot to see if there was a solution to get it to work. I stumbled onto the MediaGear Xtradrive see here At $9.95, here I figured I couldn't go wrong. I brought it back to the office, threw it in the computer and it worked the first time. I formatted the card, threw it into the Treo 650 and it saw everything.

***Special Bonus feature: I was walking around Costco yesterday (a dangerous thing for me) and saw an FM transmitter that had a USB port built in. It is like this but not the same brand (I couldn't find a link to the one I got and don't have the packaging at home). I bought it thinking that I would be able to hook up my wife's Ipod Nano or even my Treo 650 to play through the car stereo. What I realized was that by buying the Xtra drive instead of a traditional reader, I could now use this with the FM transmitter in the car to avoid using the Treo at all. I loaded about 1GB of music on my SD card (which usually is in the Treo) and plugged it into the fm transmitter. Simply amazing.
    Say, rbenjami, does the Sandisk 12-in-1 need AC power, or can it get power thru the USB port? I'm looking for something easily portable, plug and play without drivers, and no AC power brick.....