1.    #1  
    Im thinking about buying verichat, i have sprint ...if im online the whole day will it decrease my batter by a lot? also can i change the noise for i tto sound like the AIM noises?
    Yes, your battery will certainly be effected running Verichat all day long.

Yes, you can change the alert sound to anything you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnitsarya
    Im thinking about buying verichat, i have sprint ...if im online the whole day will it decrease my batter by a lot?
    VeriChat has very little effect on battery. VeriChat has a 15-days trial period, and you will find it out yourself.
    How can that be if you stay logged in all the time?
    How do you change the alert sounds in Verichat? I would love to change mine but don't know how ... thanks.
    It's under preferences in Verichat.
    lgreenberg....you can leave Verichat on all day without actually being connected to data. Any new message(s) coming in will come in the form of SMS. I think that is what PDAFan was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by redcap
    lgreenberg....you can leave Verichat on all day without actually being connected to data. Any new message(s) coming in will come in the form of SMS. I think that is what PDAFan was talking about.
    Verichat used to be that way but as I understand it now it only uses data.
    I guess I am still using the old version.
    if it's connected with the data, does it disconnect itself when a phone call comes through on the Treo 650?
    sorry Redy, still using the 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Verichat used to be that way but as I understand it now it only uses data.
    You can specify to use either data or SMS, old or new version. Works on both Treo 600 and 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redy2Rumble
    if it's connected with the data, does it disconnect itself when a phone call comes through on the Treo 650?
    The problem I have found so far with Verichat is that if it busy trying to recover internet connection, your phone calls will be diverted to your voice mail right away.
    I have no problem with verichat. I log in verichat whole day and at the end of the day, my battery still have left 47% and I can accept all the phone calls with no problem.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    I use Verichat all day and it does take some battery but not tons. FYI on Sprint if you are using data (i.e. chatting on Verichat or doing anything else) it will send calls direct to voicemail - same for Verizon - it's a CDMA thing.

To minimize battery drain and direct-to-voicemail calls with Verichat, I recommend not leaving the verichat application live, but switch to another app - tends to use less network that way as it doesn't have to keep updating the buddy list. Also - if you do IM from a desktop/laptop and Verichat simultaneously (I'm usually logged in two places at once), heavy IM usage from your desktop will of course drive heavy usage to the Treo which chews up the battery since the screen is on and Data is flowing.