1.    #1  
    I have a school email that I can check online - which logs into outlook. mail.westernu.edu but I can't check this without syncing to my computer. Anybody know what's wrong? I set it up just like outlook - I can check with outlook or by logging into that address but not with my Treo. Thanks (sorry I just got my Treo 650)
    what do you mean you set it up like outlook? Which software are you using? If you are talking about your PC, you should use your browser IE to connect.

Your 650 will also be able to connect via Blazer as long as your school has Web Outlook Access enabled and on version 2002.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    what do you mean you set it up like outlook? Which software are you using? If you are talking about your PC, you should use your browser IE to connect.

Your 650 will also be able to connect via Blazer as long as your school has Web Outlook Access enabled and on version 2002.
    I set up VersaMail with the same info as outlook (the pop.xxx.xx, etc.) but it doesn't capture the mail.
    I use the IP address of the POP incoming mail server for my school's Outlook mail program, and it works! I don't use Versamail, however. I just use the Mail program that comes with the Treo.
    studentdoctor - using the Versamail desktop program, did you have it run a test to see if all the settings are correct? Sometimes it is a small thing such as SSL or another selection that makes the difference. Alternatively, as someone suggested, you could try using the Web browser; perhaps mail.westernu.edu/oma would work for you.

Francisco - on the Treo 650, Versamail is the name of the stock mail program.
    Thanks for the info. I am still using my 600...waiting for big changes before I take on a new one!
  7.    #7  
    It works now, here is how in case anybody else is stuck. I tell you, this PDA's use just increased 10 fold for me. Thanks everybody for your input:

1.)Versamail - Account Set-UP, then New
    2.) Account Name: i.e. School;
    3.) Mail service: Exchange ActiveSync
    4.) username/password
    5.) email address
    6.) mail server: your web access address (i.e. mail.westernu.edu)
    7.) Test settings

I think I did this b4 but apparently not because it is working golden now syncing to my calender online and everything.
    does anyone know how to do this with the 600? Im not sure is 650 and 600 have the same email program because im stuck in the same situation - trying to access my school email account. I can view mails but cannot send!!!

I have a Sprint Treo 600. What should I do? For the smtp server, do I use my school's smtp.nyu.edu or do I use smtp.sprintpcs.com? either one doesnt work tho =(.

it just doesnt connect!!!