1.    #1  
    I am used to my traditional phones using T9 to predict the word you want to type so you don't waste so much time on text messaging... it's unfortunate Treo 650 doesn't have this. I downloaded something for $20 that was advertised to do this from Sprint PCS and it didn't and they refuse to refund my money! (it's called Quick Write). Anybody know how to get such a software?

thanks,
    SD
    I never looked for or even wanted a predictive text app, but I use KeyCaps600 from http://www.geekandproud.net and TreoTextSelect from RanoSoft to make typing with the built in thumb board faster.
    Textras is one...there are others. Search and ye shall find....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Textras is one...there are others. Search and ye shall find....
    On textras it seems like you have to add words prior to it predicting anything... it doesn't have a built in correction tool
    textplus does exactly what you want.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Correct-textplus is the way to go. I have been using it on my treo 650 for 6 ,months-works great.

Crashes my lifedrive however!
    I received a PM from someone with questions about whether Textplus works in the SMS program, and whether it has its own vocabulary dictionary. Just to clarify for everyone, it does, and it does.

The textplus database needs to be installed with the pdb. Also, TextPlus Anywhere needs to be enabled in the options menu.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I am using textplus as well. It's pretty neat software.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb