1.    #1  
    I didn't want to start another thread but am confused here...I got my SD card today and formatted in the Treo, there were no error messages so I guess it went OK. Now On my PC with a card reader it only shows two folders DCIM and Palm. I thought there was suppose to be a AUDIO folder and Launcher folder and how the hell am I suppose to know what format it went into as I understand it from reading it should be in FAT16 format.

Furthermore I used the Real Player app on my PC to add the tracks to the card but it wont accept REAL AUDIO's format so all my tracks will have to be converted to MP3 format. Should I of not added the tracks VIA Real Player?
    You mean Real Player as a .ram file?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    You mean Real Player as a .ram file?

Yes when I buy songs from Real music store it put's it in RAM file format and then I can't transfer the file to my SD card with a card reader. The real player app won't let me convert it to MP3 format even though I paid extra money to Real audio for this capability ..am going nuts here. I synced the plug in and the latest version of real player.

There website claims EASY transfer no matter what format the file is in PLEASE HELP.

I wonder if my card is formatted wrong all it shows on my PC is a palm folder on the card.
    The Real Player on Treo only plays MP3 format. Can you burn your RAM into a playable CD and from there convert to MP3?

I know it is a two step process but there should be an option on the Real music store to download as MP3 directly, otherwise you may have to do the two step process.
  5.    #5  
    The Real Player on Treo only plays MP3 format. Can you burn your RAM into a playable CD and from there convert to MP3?

I know it is a two step process but there should be an option on the Real music store to download as MP3 directly, otherwise you may have to do the two step process.

Thanks ...How stupid is that ...it's there dum format to begin with, there own format doesn't play on THERE player.

But riddle me this, why can't I even get the RAM format onto the SD card with a reader? Does the card not support RAM files either.

Also what the hell are they talking about here.....

http://www.realnetworks.com/industri...m/install.html
    Interesting that they do state 650 as one of the supported one. Based on the page, you can play .RM or .RMJ and MP3s. Did you follow through the instructions and it still would not allow you to play?
  7.    #7  
    Interesting that they do state 650 as one of the supported one. Based on the page, you can play .RM or .RMJ and MP3s. Did you follow through the instructions and it still would not allow you to play?

Am sure you can play .RM if you can get it on the SD card to play, no problems with mp3 transfer. I can't find that dam setting in music store either to download in mp3 format.
    It's supposed to be your Real Player on your desktop that's supposed to put the files (or tracks over to your SD card. Your desktop Real Player must be updated to support the Real Player on your Treo.
  9.    #9  
    It's supposed to be your Real Player on your desktop that's supposed to put the files (or tracks over to your SD card. Your desktop Real Player must be updated to support the Real Player on your Treo.
    Thanks I did that I even went to far to look into this new thing that Real has called Heilx software which somehow monitors your computer to make sure the songs you bought are legit, or it wouldn't let you transfer to a device. It's ridiclious, I tried everything and what's more annoying is I can't find out how to download in mp3 format for the future. Real audio and me are about to part ways. Why do they insist on having there OWN format. I knew I should of stuck with winamp. or even WMA. I see Yahoo music and P tunes in my future.

Thanks for all your help anyway buddy, another wasted night.
    Just for future reference, Yahoo and PTunes works great. Don't know about Napster. Rhapsody sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Thanks ...How stupid is that ...it's there dum format to begin with, there own format doesn't play on THERE player.

But riddle me this, why can't I even get the RAM format onto the SD card with a reader? Does the card not support RAM files either.

Also what the hell are they talking about here.....

http://www.realnetworks.com/industri...m/install.html
    I have over 100 Real Player Music store purchased songs (bought on the $0.50 deal). Anyway, yes the Real Player, as it comes on the Treo, cannot play RealPlayer Music Store Songs. Yes, this is stupid, the Real Player that came on my T3 came complete. For the Treo, you have to go to the Real Player Web site and download (free) the full version of RealPlayer to be able to play music directly purchased from RealPlayer. Go figure.

Download the RealPlayer for PalmOne Handhelds and play RealPlayer Music Store files on your Treo 600, Tungsten, or Zire handheld! ==>
    http://www.realnetworks.com/industri...alm/index.html

Their list of devices omits the Treo 650, but this download has worked for a year on my 650.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/30/2005 at 01:38 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I have over 100 Real Player Music store purchased songs (bought on the $0.50 deal). Anyway, yes the Real Player, as it comes on the Treo, cannot play RealPlayer Music Store Songs. Yes, this is stupid, the Real Player that came on my T3 came complete. For the Treo, you have to go to the Real Player Web site and download (free) the full version of RealPlayer to be able to play music directly purchased from RealPlayer. Go figure.

Download the RealPlayer for PalmOne Handhelds and play RealPlayer Music Store files on your Treo 600, Tungsten, or Zire handheld! ==>
    http://www.realnetworks.com/industri...alm/index.html

Their list of devices omits the Treo 650, but this download has worked for a year on my 650.

Cheers, Perry.

Hey Perry it's beyond stupid, anyway spent the last 2 hours burning my Real Audio tracks to CD's and then ripping them back into my libary in Mp3 format. Then the transfer to my card went well and my PURCHASED music plays in the Real Player app. Still haven't figured out how to purchase music in MP3 format so all music purchases are on hold.

Seidio am ready for my 2 in 1 headset now, where's my shipment? Boy is this Treo time consuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Hey Perry it's beyond stupid, anyway spent the last 2 hours burning my Real Audio tracks to CD's and then ripping them back into my libary in Mp3 format. Then the transfer to my card went well and my PURCHASED music plays in the Real Player app. Still haven't figured out how to purchase music in MP3 format so all music purchases are on hold.

Seidio am ready for my 2 in 1 headset now, where's my shipment? Boy is this Treo time consuming.
    Hey Vikingjunior!

What format are the WalMart $0.88 tunes in?
    (Really, if you download the RealPlayer for Palm OS -- it will play both.)
    (@ the link I posted above -- but you will end up with two RealPlayer Icons on your Treo -- I then put the "old" icon in a "Do Not use" folder to hide it.)

Cheers, Perry.
  14.    #14  
    Just as a follow up as Real e-mail states YOU CANNOT DOWNLOAD MP3 FORMAT WITH MUSIC STORE PURCHASES. Unbeliveable.