1.    #1  
    HI ALL! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This may get confusing, if so I am sorry!

Ok, in the Jewish religion, we light a candle on the anniversary of the death of the person who has passed away.

However, it is marked on a Hebrew calendar. The Hebrew Calender, differs a great deal from the english of more correctly called the Gregorian Calander.

The Hebrew calender, contains months just like the Gregorian calendar. However, it is a Lunar calender, a new month starts with a new moon. Since that is 28 days, the year is adjusted periodicly for a leap year. In the gregorian calender, we have a leap year every 4 years. In the Hewbrew calander we have a leap month, with the calander be adjusted over a great lenghth of years. It has been years since I took this in hebrew school, but I think it is every 14 years.

Therefore, the Hebrew calender fluctuates wildly against the Gregorian calender, some years and and is rather constant other years.

Now that we got this out of the way, here is my question. Does anyone know of a hack or a program for the treo 650, that will let me set the anniversay dates for the candle lighting on the hebrew calender and then convert it and set off an alarm based on the Gregorian calander???

In case it it helps, I am currently using Datebk5! Take care, Jay M. Silverman
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I use a program called Luach which integrates with the palm calender. It is available from Penticon technologies www.penticon.com. There are other programs available some are shareware. A good place to look for all jewish related software is www.pilotyid.com.
  3.    #3  
    thanks a million, will check them out.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Also something called Tamar that will put all the jewish holidays and some custom stuff into the regular datebook. It is one of those use it once and then delete it programs.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Luach is the way to go......
    SHANA TOVA.....
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Also something called Tamar that will put all the jewish holidays and some custom stuff into the regular datebook. It is one of those use it once and then delete it programs.
    And there's also a freebie called Chagim that will do the same.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  7.    #7  
    thnaks a million take care, jay
    If you wanna see the days in Luach in Hebrew, try "Hebrew" from Penticon too.
    That's the way to go...
  9.    #9  
    thanks take care jay
    And where do we find these programs (especially the free ones)?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    look back at the second post.