1.    #1  
    Hey all-

I just got my Treo650 today, and it's the first handheld I've used since 2000 when I killed my Palm.

What are the "must-have killer apps" for the 650? I appreciate all input and reccomendations.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Welcome, this is a great site to keep up-to-date on programs, however most folks have their own must haves depending on what you do with the Treo. The above site is a great starting point, also scan the topics in the forum and enjoy.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I would reccomend Zlauncher as a launcher,
    Backupman to ...!
    ptunes for entertainment,

Depends what you want your Treo to do.
    Please tell the forum what your mission for the treo is.
    Welcome aboard to T/C!

Just make sure to backup and try each software one by one so problem resolution would be easier.

Read this suggest thread as well: PalmOne Treo 650 Software Compatibility List as well as the link to palmfocus site in that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    Or this thread which is a "sticky" (always visible at the top of the page) in the Applications forum:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=102212
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    In additions to all those killer apps, I would look into getting a grip on your Treo and buy some egrips. www.egrips.com

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    In additions to all those killer apps, I would look into getting a grip on your Treo and buy some egrips. www.egrips.com
    I was just thinking of getting a case for it (I prefer to have this clipped to my belt than stuffed in my pocket).

Is a case + egrips the way to go, or is it an either/ or proposition?
    Quote Originally Posted by ntepperman
    It depends on the case. The egrips might not let you fit the phone on a particular case. Just make sure you check on that.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Welcome aboard to T/C!

Just make sure to backup and try each software one by one so problem resolution would be easier.

Read this suggest thread as well: PalmOne Treo 650 Software Compatibility List as well as the link to palmfocus site in that thread.
    Sound advice, for sure!

As another poster mentioned, there are stickies at the top of most forum sections -- check these out because they'll help answer alot of questions. I found them to be a valuable resource when I first got my 650.

Also, Palm has an excellent 650 tips & tricks page that is definitely worth checking out.

Enjoy your 650! It's a great device, and pretty much does it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    Also, Palm has an excellent 650 tips & tricks page that is definitely worth checking out.
    Wow. Good link. And I thought that _I_ knew everything about the Treo :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by ntepperman
    I was just thinking of getting a case for it (I prefer to have this clipped to my belt than stuffed in my pocket).

I ordered this before the holiday and am pretty happy with it...

http://www.wirelessground.com/tr650600lamo.html

It's a $40.00 case on sale for $15.00 and I'm not sure if it's still active, but I used the "off15" code and received an additional 15% off...so delivered it cost $16.66. For a couple weeks worth of use, it appears to be pretty nice quality. No concerns yet! (it did take about a full days use to get it so my treo would come out easily...so the leather had to stretch some to fit it).

And additionally, there's two models, a black and a brown. The brown model is what I bought. I thought the brown model had a black exterior and a brown interior (judging from the pictures). It's not, it's a dark brown exterior which is nice. I just didn't expect it this way when it showed up.
    what is the best voice activation dialing program???
    i suggest buying volume care so you can hear people on the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by drpmr1
    what is the best voice activation dialing program???
    This is popular. I own it but don't use it much. It has some issues (search here) that the company claims will be fixed in the next update.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM