1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried this and can you compare with the Seidio holster? I had the Seidio holster in the past but was not very happy with it.
    It looks like the same design... The only problem I've heard with the Seidio is that it takes the paint off the top where it clips in... I have one and what I did was cut a piece of scotch tape to fit that area so the clip is sliding across the scotch tape...

I would like to hear your review if you get it - it's $8 less than Seidio so if I had to do over again I would probably get this one... It does say "Soft touch coating"... maybe that's to alleviate the scratching problem.
    I think the Sedio has the belt clip that locks into place in 6-8 positions whereas the Helix may only have a free-swiveling belt clip. I want the Sedio just for that reason, but I do like the cutout that will allow you to see the Treo go off even if its silent.
  4.    #4  
    My problems with the Sedio clip, included the scratching that jmgilliam mentioned above, the fact that the clip stoped sticking in the 6 posistions and was basically free swiveling which I agree is less than optimal and the clip on top that held my Treo in got too loose so my Treo would pop out frequently.

I will probably order today and let you all know what I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    My problems with the Sedio clip, included the scratching that jmgilliam mentioned above, the fact that the clip stoped sticking in the 6 posistions and was basically free swiveling which I agree is less than optimal and the clip on top that held my Treo in got too loose so my Treo would pop out frequently.

I will probably order today and let you all know what I think.
    Hi,

When did you order your holster ? It must be the early generation.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I heard that they fixed that problem of the top clip scratching the paint off with a newer generation. Now, the real concern is the lockable swivel clip.... Is that something that is replaced under warranty? If not, then you can at least order a new one! I just hope it will work perfectly with the 700p when it drops!
    I put a piece of velcro on the top clip seems to work fine

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50
    I heard that they fixed that problem of the top clip scratching the paint off with a newer generation. Now, the real concern is the lockable swivel clip.... Is that something that is replaced under warranty? If not, then you can at least order a new one! I just hope it will work perfectly with the 700p when it drops!
    Hi,

PLease contact Seidio customer service 832-204-1112, or email me dsc@seidio.com. The lockable swivel clip concern is fixed.

David Chang
    Seidio
  9.    #9  
    I got it in Feb 2005. So I think it was an initial version.
    Thanks, David!

Now that you at Sedio have perfected (almost) the shield hoslter, you might want to work on the finish. Sure, a matte black is business standard and cost-friendly, but maybe some metallic finishes (to coordinate with the upcoming 700's) that will definitely stand Sedio apart from the rest! Then again, that might make for an easily scratchable surface, which will gather class action suits (like the iPod nano)!

Another idea that might prove popular with the active crowd is a clip attachment that (you are the brand with the interchangable clips, right?) that will allow you to strap the case (and Treo) around an arm or leg via elastic or velcro. Just a thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50
    Thanks, David!

Now that you at Sedio have perfected (almost) the shield hoslter, you might want to work on the finish. Sure, a matte black is business standard and cost-friendly, but maybe some metallic finishes (to coordinate with the upcoming 700's) that will definitely stand Sedio apart from the rest! Then again, that might make for an easily scratchable surface, which will gather class action suits (like the iPod nano)!

Another idea that might prove popular with the active crowd is a clip attachment that (you are the brand with the interchangable clips, right?) that will allow you to strap the case (and Treo) around an arm or leg via elastic or velcro. Just a thought!
    Happy new year !

Thank you for the feedbacks.

Yes, Seidio has many holster projects going on. I will keep you informed once they are available.

David Chang
  12.    #12  
    I got the Helix holster on Friday and I'm pretty happy so far. The plastic is more flexible/rubbery than the Seidio, but still firm enough to keep it in.

The two clips are pretty easy to switch. The swivel clip is a complete swivel if you like that type. The fixed one is what I'm using and like it better than the free swinging or even the multiple posistion one from Seidio.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a holster.
    I understand from the announcements in this forum that a skin specifically designed for the 700W which is slightly narrower than the 650 will be shipping from Treocentral about 1/29/06. I guess I will go with the Holster with skin. I am hoping that the skin won't make the 700W more likely to fall out.

I was curious if there was anyone who knew when a Helix holster specifically sized for the 700W would be shipping?
    Last edited by Emersk; 01/30/2006 at 03:34 PM.
    I have both the Seidio Shield holster and the Helix holster. The only problem I have had with the Seidio version is that by the end of the day my panus (medical for love handle) is red, abraded and tender. Helix belt clip has a lower profile and solves the problem.
    Does the non swivel clip for the helix allow you to put it in a position so that the phone is sideways on your belt? Or does it only have one position on the holster?
  16.    #16  
    Yes - you switch it to horizontal. It doesn't quite lock there, but it can be switched.
    I just got the Helix Holster and I must say that I am REALLY impressed. I used to wonder why it was so difficult to get a decent holster for this phone. All the complaints against all of the other holsters was pretty severe. I remember that the holster that came bundled with the Kyocera 7135 was a FANTASTIC holster and it was actually bundled with the phone. I always thought that the success of that unit was based on the soft plastic latch on the top of the unit that was just flexible enough so that it didn't scratch the unit.

Well, the Helix Holster is that good. The belt clip is good. Time will tell how it holds up, but I like it. The straight clip looks like a real pain to attach, but I don't intend to use that anyway. The swivel clip is perfect. Easy to attach and detach. It swivels and yet holds very well at every 90 degrees. It's not a hard lock, but solid enough.

If I had to come up with some gripe, some minor complaint, it would be that the swivel belt clip itself does not have a hinge so that you can remove it as easily as I might prefer. But that might change as I break it in over time. We'll see. Overall, a really good unit.

Oh yeah..... macpat had it right.... it really is nice that it doesn't pinch the... ahem.... side cushions..... :-)