1.    #1  
    I'll be picking up my new A4 tomorrow; anyone know if the A4 with Bluetooth works the same as the A6 does?

For that matter, how good is the integration? I know my Audi has voice recognition, will it work for that? How about caller ID information on the display? (Nav or instrument cluster, either/or?) Can it access my phonebook?
    obscure information.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=audi

I did a search on "audi" . . . . there were many threads that came back . . . this one was a quick hit. . . .there may be more info buried deeper in the other threads that popped up . . . .

You might Private Message the folks that posted in the above thread . . . they may have more info after two months. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/29/2005 at 12:16 PM.
    the bt integration on a4 is nice. voice dial works great. Two draw backs. 1. I'm unable to transfer all of my speed dials. 2. BT connection is always on and drains my treo battery. what I mean, connection does not go in stand by as it does with bt headsets and shows active all the time like you are talking on the phone.
    Agreed... a cigarette lighter adaptor is a must for a treo in BT mode if you're spending any significant amount of time in the car.
  5.    #5  
    I've truly had it with this %$#^ing phone.

If I mess with Bluetooth on it, and by mess I mean delete all trusted Bluetooth devices and rescan for a new device, pairing to the Audi HFL... I can get it to work, SOMETIMES.

I'm really at a loss to figure out what the issue is (aside from the fact I've been a Treo owner since the 180g days and should know better than to purchase Palm products by now). I'm a fairly competent IT administrator, so this stuff is usually pretty easy for me to work with... but only if the product in question isn't plagued by design flaws...

Anyway, I've been able to get the phone to connect infrequently. If I re-pair the phone, it will stay in that condition usually... but not always.

Problem is, I have Intellisync on my Treo as well, set up with email push, so I've always got a data connection. For the purposes of testing, I shut off push to my device and disabled auto-connect to the data network. That's the only way I could even get it to connect to begin with. Otherwise, it just beeps, indicating it found a Bluetooth device, but never connects. The Audi won't even see it.

So now I have this reported "best converged device" that does nothing but reset constantly, can't use 3rd party apps for fear of the "White Screen of Death", and the big selling point over the 600... Bluetooth... appears not to f%)(#$ing work on damn near anything. No wonder they're being sued, it's too bad that it likely won't create better products as a result.

But I digress... does anyone have any tips as far as what I can do from here, short of smashing this worthless device?
    obscure information.
  6.    #6  
    Oh, incidentally, the phone is a Sprint PCS firmware 1.12 - and I've already checked to make sure that none of my "Favorites" numbers have additional digits.
    obscure information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscure411
    I'll be picking up my new A4 tomorrow; anyone know if the A4 with Bluetooth works the same as the A6 does?

For that matter, how good is the integration? I know my Audi has voice recognition, will it work for that? How about caller ID information on the display? (Nav or instrument cluster, either/or?) Can it access my phonebook?
    I just picked up a 06 S4 the day after you got your car....works great for me, other than a problem recording voice tags for the phonebook entries (for dial by voice).

I'm also using the Sprint version, and I'm not seeing any real issues.
    Try a hard reset. This is the only way to delete all paired devices and known devices from your phone because they are not backed up
  9.    #9  
    Well, I had the Audi and the Treo paired for about a week straight, although I had to turn off my push email to stop from connecting to the data network first.

Emphasis on had.

As of last night, it began misbehaving again. Having my Treo in the Audi does not result in a connection, and although scans for Bluetooth devices in the area occasionally results in finding the device (which likes to alternate between "Unnamed Audio Device" and "Audi UHF somenumber", incidentally), it ends it a "Connection Failed" message. Often I receive this message before it prompts me to enter a passkey, but it has also happened afterwards.

I began deleting what few applications I do have installed (BlueChat, Butler, Expense, Memo Pad, Voice Pad, and Intellisync/QuickSheet/QuickWord - installed as a package) and this seemed to get the Bluetooth connectivity working again.

I'm really disappointed in how all of this is working together. Yet another example of Palm's lack of attention to reliability, etc.

My biggest gripe is that I can't use my email push from Intellisync, because it seems that I can't be connected to a data network and Bluetooth at the same time... but that doesn't make sense, as how would Bluetooth DUN work without being able to connect to both networks at the same time?

Has anyone succesfully paired (and kept paired) a Treo that has an active or passive data connection? I can't believe I'm the first person to attempt to have email push and Bluetooth at one time...
    obscure information.
    see my post above. Try hard reset and pair your audi again prior use. you should be set to go.
  11.    #11  
    I tried that just now, I can get it to pair to the device in bluetooth manager, but it does not connect to the car.

Making a phone call results in a connection, but when I hang up the phone the connection terminates and the phone resets...
    obscure information.
    after you pair it with a4, it make take up to 20 minutes for your speed dials to be transfered from Treo to a4 then it should work. just be patient. Let me know if it works.
    I picked up an '06 Audi A4 on Friday and the 700w from Verizon this week.

I spent 2 hours loading all my contacts from my old cell phone into the Treo. When I type in a phone number, the Treo puts it in (xxx)yyy-zzzz format. The Audi sees these entries in the "phonebook". However, if i try to dial one of the numbers from the phonebook, it automatically says "call ended". The voice recognition also tells me that "Phonebook is empty".

I added a contact with a phone number of "xxxyyyzzzz a" to trick the treo into thinking it was just a string of numbers and the Audi would dial this number. Anyone have a similar problem and hopefully a solution? Can I change the treo's format for storing 10 digit phone numbers? Can I keep Audi from choking on the parenthesis?
    Quote Originally Posted by clemsoncrab
    I picked up an '06 Audi A4 on Friday and the 700w from Verizon this week.

I spent 2 hours loading all my contacts from my old cell phone into the Treo. When I type in a phone number, the Treo puts it in (xxx)yyy-zzzz format. The Audi sees these entries in the "phonebook". However, if i try to dial one of the numbers from the phonebook, it automatically says "call ended". The voice recognition also tells me that "Phonebook is empty".

I added a contact with a phone number of "xxxyyyzzzz a" to trick the treo into thinking it was just a string of numbers and the Audi would dial this number. Anyone have a similar problem and hopefully a solution? Can I change the treo's format for storing 10 digit phone numbers? Can I keep Audi from choking on the parenthesis?
    I don't know about 700w much, but in order to use voice recognition you have to program each name and number individually on your audi. It is completely independent from treo