Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I think this option should be modified to "use Xiino for Browser" only for opening links in a message. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ '$Browser$&$quot$; $button$ $does$ $not$ $work$ $with$ $Xiino$ ($I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $it$ $ever$ $did$, $my$ $Treo$ $crashes$). $I$ $think$ $the$ $best$ $solution$ $is$ $to$ $have$ $the$ &$quot$;$Browser$&$quot$; $button$ $itself$ $go$ $to$ $Blazer$ $by$ $default$.

    Hopefully other Xiino users can provide their input and we'll see how much demand there is for this.

    (I know Marc is busy with OWA, which works unbelievable well BTW, so hopefully he can squeeze this in when he has some time).

    On another note, I had crashes with Xiino even when opening links for several weeks. I finally tried to go to prefs, set the default as Web, exit prefs, and reenter and set the default browser as Xiino. Now I can open links in an email again.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I think this option should be modified to "use Xiino for Browser" only for opening links in a message. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ '$Browser$&$quot$; $button$ $does$ $not$ $work$ $with$ $Xiino$ ($I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $it$ $ever$ $did$, $my$ $Treo$ $crashes$). $I$ $think$ $the$ $best$ $solution$ $is$ $to$ $have$ $the$ &$quot$;$Browser$&$quot$; $button$ $itself$ $go$ $to$ $Blazer$ $by$ $default$.
    I use Chatter and Xiino also. Although I haven't had any Xiino crashes, I have noticed that pressing the browser button in Chatter brings up Blazer even though I have Xiino selected in Chatter settings.

    My preference would be for the browser button in Chatter to open Xiino instead of Blazer when "use Xiino for browser" is selected. I really like both apps and would love to see Xiino more fully integrated with Chatter.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    I use Chatter and Xiino also. Although I haven't had any Xiino crashes, I have noticed that pressing the browser button in Chatter brings up Blazer even though I have Xiino selected in Chatter settings.

    My preference would be for the browser button in Chatter to open Xiino instead of Blazer when "use Xiino for browser" is selected. I really like both apps and would love to see Xiino more fully integrated with Chatter.
    Do you have Blazer set as your default browser? I have Xiino. And as far as I've experienced, the Browser button makes Xiino crash. So maybe Marc can add some code to have Browser go to Blazer, and links in the email follow the "Use Xiino for browser" prefs.

    If anyone has been able to get 'Browser' to work with Xiino as the default browser, I'd love to know about it- maybe I can change some other settings and make it work.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  4. #4  
    i use xxino and chatter have chatter checked to use xxino and it works fine no crashes

    Fred
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Do you have Blazer set as your default browser? I have Xiino. And as far as I've experienced, the Browser button makes Xiino crash. So maybe Marc can add some code to have Browser go to Blazer, and links in the email follow the "Use Xiino for browser" prefs.
    Thanks for asking (sorry, I should have clarified previously). Xiino is set as my default browser in Treo Preferences, and I've also got Chatter set to "use Xiino as browser". When I click a link in a Chatter email, Xiino opens. When I click the "browser" button at the bottom of an email message in Chatter, Blazer opens.

    No Xiino (or Chatter) crashes here, just would love to see the browser button invoke Xiino instead of Blazer.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    Thanks for asking (sorry, I should have clarified previously). Xiino is set as my default browser in Treo Preferences, and I've also got Chatter set to "use Xiino as browser". When I click a link in a Chatter email, Xiino opens. When I click the "browser" button at the bottom of an email message in Chatter, Blazer opens.

    No Xiino (or Chatter) crashes here, just would love to see the browser button invoke Xiino instead of Blazer.
    I'd love to see that too, but I doubt Xiino can handle the raw HTML - I think it would have to be (re?) programmed to send the code back to the proxy.

    If you have Xiino set as the default browser and 'Browser' still opens pages in Blazer, then my Xiino issues (unexplained repeated crashes even without Chatter's Browser button) might be more severe than I originally thought. I"ll try to email Mobirus.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  7.    #7  
    Many of my issues have been resolved by disabling Fonts4OS5 for certain apps, ironically enough. Now Blazer opens fine (I'm assuming it did so before, but Fonts4OS5 caused the crash). I'll be sure to try to pin the blame on that app when issues arise in the future.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.

Posting Permissions