1.    #1  
    I have a Mr. handsfree BT carkit for my Treo 650. Now I would like to be able to use navigation on my Treo while driving. Can I use a Tomtom 5 BT based GPS system?.

I would like to know what will happen when i recieve a call or want to place a call while I am driving using GPS and navigation. What happens to Navigation while talking?

Has anybody tried the combination of BT based carkit/headset together with BT based GPS navigation and what is your experience?
    JensK
    I just finished installing a Parrot CK3000 Evolution car kit and have TomTom 5.

Prior to installing the car kit, the TomTom worked perfectly. Now, when I am making phone calls, many times TomTom cannot see the GPS. I try re-configuring the GPS device on TomTom, but it still won't see it. I even try running Bluetooth set-up, but it will only list the parrot device as being available. Somehow, after fiddling around with it for awhile, the treo will suddenly find the GPS again. I have no idea of whether I did something to correct this or not, but this has been a real PITA.

Does anybody here have any recommendations for smoothly changing from BT handsfree to TomTom? Is there a way to set-up BT priorities or something?
    The Treo can only connect to one Bluetooth at a time. This is a limitation of the Bluetooth implementation on the Treo, and there is no work-around. You must switch to a wired GPS receiver if you wish to use a Bluetooth headset or car kit while navigating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    The Treo can only connect to one Bluetooth at a time. This is a limitation of the Bluetooth implementation on the Treo, and there is no work-around. You must switch to a wired GPS receiver if you wish to use a Bluetooth headset or car kit while navigating.
    Yes, you are right. However, there should be a way to switch between them. When I am not using the phone, how do I connect back to the BT GPS?
    In my experience, the Treo doesn't have a sophisticated device priority handling scheme. It seems like it does, but it's woefully simplistic. I have several headsets, and the only way to get the Treo to find a different one is to have the headset "search for" the Treo by pressing the multi-function button on the new headset. Otherwise, the Treo will try to find the previously connected headset, and if it can't, it seems to just give up.

If my suspicions are correct, the only way to consistently have TomTom reconnect to the receiver is to have a receiver that "actively" looks for its last connected device. I'm not aware of any that do this, since this is not a feature anyone has ever looked for before.

One possibility, and I know this a long shot, is to make sure that your Treo is "Discoverable" (found in the Bluetooth app). This may increase the likelihood of reestablishing the connection.

Another thing you should try, is to delete the car kit pairing, and recreate it, but select "Headset" instead of "Car kit" when the Treo finds it. The Treo treats a "car kit" device as one that should remain connected once a connection is established (first call coming in). A "headset" device is disconnected after every use. Thus, a device paired as a "car kit" (whether or not it actually _is_ a car kit) will prevent any other bluetooth devices from connecting to the Treo after the first call.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you for the replies. Since there is only one concurrent BT channel i the Treo I guess that I have to look for a wired GPS mouse like the BR-355. I will try to se if I can buy this together with the Tomtom5 suite with maps over north/western Europe.

Does anybody know of a good internet shop to place such an order?
    Jensk
    Quote Originally Posted by jensk
    Thank you for the replies. Since there is only one concurrent BT channel i the Treo I guess that I have to look for a wired GPS mouse like the BR-355. I will try to se if I can buy this together with the Tomtom5 suite with maps over north/western Europe.

Does anybody know of a good internet shop to place such an order?
    Jensk
    TREOCentral. Look at the top of your screen