1.    #1  
    Hi all-

This is my first post here, as I've just aquired my 650.

I thought that I'd be getting a silver-grey Treo, based on all the pictures I've seen. When I opened the box, I found I had a blue-grey Treo.

I cannot figure out if there is one model or if there are in fact 2 and what if any the difference is.

I've done a Google search as well as a search here. Can some enlightend soul throw me a bone?

Thanks in advance.
    if you have sprint it's blue-grey...gsm is silver
    As I recall,I think that either the Sprint or Cingular are blue grey.Not sure about Verizon off hand.The unlocked unbranded GSM is silver grey,I can't think of any others at the moment.

Where did you purchase the Treo from ? What carrier do you intend to use the Treo with ?
    Blue case is Sprint.
    Silver are the GSM models.
    Anyone know what color the Verizon case is? (Appears grey on their web site photos. . . .)

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/29/2005 at 12:42 PM.
  5.    #5  
    I'm in Canada, using Bell Mobility. It may be that all they support is the blue PCS version of the phone, I guess.

Personally, I'm not such a fan of the blue-grey... don't even know why they'd make it in that colour. The unit seems great so far, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntepperman
    I'm in Canada, using Bell Mobility. It may be that all they support is the blue PCS version of the phone, I guess.

Personally, I'm not such a fan of the blue-grey... don't even know why they'd make it in that colour. The unit seems great so far, though.

Welcome!

Did you have a prior Palm OS device (PDA or phone)? If so, do not just sync your new Treo 650 to your prior userid. . . . . . bad things happen. You have to upgrade a different way.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=clean+install

Cheers, Perry.
    Verizon's a little darker than the GSM silver. A very sexy color. It's a good middleground between the classic Treo color and the new silver.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Welcome!

Did you have a prior Palm OS device (PDA or phone)?
    I haven't used a handheld since my Palm died in 2000. So in that sense, I'm starting with a clean slate. Thanks for the info, though.
    Sprint is blue with grey screen trim and blue antenna

GSM unlocked is dark gray

Verizon is dark gray

AT&T is light grey and blue screen trim and grey antenna. It looks better with blue antenna... this is the best looking one.

Cingular is also the light grey, not sure about the screen trim.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  10. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Cingular is the same as AT&T--silver/grey with blue around the screen. In the upper left, it's blank on an AT&T one (which generally is only available to AT&T's business accounts, btw) and says "Cingular" on a Cingular one.

Verizon and GSM unlocked are about the same, color-wise.
    Chicks dig the Cingular (silver/grey with blue) the most, then the Palm (darker grey), then the Sprint (blue)
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Wait a minute!

BLUE ROCKS.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Alltel is blue
    That blue sure does look nice... on silver!!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.