1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Apparently there are some programs that come on the Treo 650, that I do noT use and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what the listIng is on the delete screen to remove them. For example:

I would like to remove the icon for: quick tour, get BC, .

as well as real tunes, I use p tunes

and versamail, I use snappermail.

Any suggestions?? Thanks and take care, Jay

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    Hi all,

Apparently there are some programs that come on the Treo 650, that I do noT use and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what the listIng is on the delete screen to remove them. For example:

I would like to remove the icon for: quick tour, get BC, .

as well as real tunes, I use p tunes

and versamail, I use snappermail.

Any suggestions?? Thanks and take care, Jay

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
    Unfortunately, those programs are on ROM. No way to uninstall them unless you load a custom ROM. This link should help: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=rom+dummies
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    You would have to create a custom ROM to remove some of the apps you don't need. Custom ROMs are discussed a number of threads. Checkout the thread by Tem: Custom ROM by a dummy 4 dummies and shadowmite's site, among others.

Please understand that this is a risky business of creating custom ROM and installing it as it could render your device useless. Thanks to shadowmite, there's a way to recover dead Treo's caused by faulty ROMs.
    Short of doing a custom ROM as mentioned in the previous replies, you can also hide the annoying icons by using a program called Obfuscate.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  5.    #5  
    Thanks but I will leave it just as it is. I have had some time with my treo this past few days. I downloaded mring, it crashed my treo, in an endless loop if reseting. I had to wipe the phone clean and back up from the card 3 times until I was able to get it stable! take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Short of doing a custom ROM as mentioned in the previous replies, you can also hide the annoying icons by using a program called Obfuscate.
    You can hide the unwanted icons in the Zlauncher app also.

Chuck
    or you can put those icons in the unfiled category, this category doesnt show when you scroll the categories ( they will still show on the all screen though)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)