Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Ok, this is weird, I have a brand new phone. I installed the hotsync software, plugged the phone into the USB port, hit hotsync on the handheld, and it says the port is busy with something else. I tried another port. Same thing. So I tried ANOTHER port. Same thing.

I manually tried it with the button on the cable - and it resets the device, every time.

Anyone had this happen or have any thoughts? I've removed the software and reinstalled once already. I have a full charge and no 3rd party apps are on this device.

Another thing....when I attempt to "get" my email from Versamail (gmail) I get an error that it is "unable to establish ppp connection".

Lastly - when I launch blazer, its blank. I cannot ever get a webpage to load.

Am I missing something?

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!!
    I am not sure about the port. You can check that under Device manager to see which port is available and using in Window(if that's what your pc os is).

About Versamail and Blazer, did you sign up for the Web service for phone? If you did, then check you set up with versamail. I don't really use that, so I can't help you much really. But for Blazer, you have to set up custom proxy setting. Go pref in blazer and then advanced, use proxy and put the proxy number and port. Don't know what service you are using, so you have to be more specific. Hope I help out a bit.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info...yes for the cryptic info I gave that was helpful. Right now w/ Cingular I have Text msging1000 but I don't have MediaNet/Works, so I guess Ill call them and get that added possibly.

As far as the device manager, I did check that COM1 is not in use -and that is the one I tried to use. Ill keep trying on that one, it seems a little weird tho.

Glad my info help you out.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Try right clicking hot sync manager and make sure local usb is checked. Uncheck local. Com 1 is normally used for a serial port, referred to in hotsync manager as local. Did the new hardware wizard launch the first time you hotsynced?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Just wanted to post a follow up to anyone else who might've experienced any of this as well.

I went in to Cingular and talked to the nice folks there, they set me up.

I needed to be setup with Cingular as a smartphone, as my previous phone was a RAZR. He said it was called PDAConnect - it was added to my account, and he told me that Media works isnt enough to do everything I wanted to do. He also told me that Im not using NEAR all the minutes that I have on my plan and I would be better served with a lesser plan. I had racked up over 4500 minutes of rollover over the last 6 months. So I dropped down to the lowest plan ($39.99) had him add the PDA package, and POOF I was able to get on the internet and pull my email.

Also had him do a hard reset, and POOF my hotsync now works like a charm.

I also figured out that with Gmail, I am better served to get on their website via the internet (m.gmail.com) rather than set it up in Versamail and suck up memory. Having over 375 gmail messages to load really clogged my handheld, so I just cancelled that and if I decide to get any more email accounts that aren't web based or have web based apps I will pick them up via Versamail or the Cingular mail program.

Also - wanted to mention I had downloaded a domino game from mytreo.net, and it caused a reset every time. Just FYI.