Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Recently I upgraded from T600 to T650. It was a good move.
    Few days ago I installed Takephone.
    I love the software and now it's time to purchase it but would like to go through my Paypall Account.
    Any idea if it is possible ?
    Thanks.
    T600, Upgraded to T650
    If you order it through www.handango.com they have a paypal option. You can also e-mail the author Shimon who is usually very receptive to questions and see if he will take a direct paypal payment. His website is www.shsh.com.
    I like Takephone also. Do a search here for Takephone skins. I use a red skin found in the posts here at TC and it looks awesome.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for the info.
    TreoLou
    T600, Upgraded to T650
    Takephone is an application that I could not be without. Shimon also provides excellent support via this web site.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Takephone is an application that I could not be without. Shimon also provides excellent support via this web site.
    Ditto! In fact, I wish there was a way to do a study to find out how many lives were saved by Treo users not having to fumble around inputting voicemail pass codes or looking up contacts while driving.

Way to go Shimon!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I'm using Agendus Pro. Will Takephone co-exist and does anyone use both of these applications?
    I'm using it with DateBk5 and there are no problems. I don't think there would be a conflict with Agendus but I'll leave that answer for someone who's using both.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    I'm using Agendus Pro. Will Takephone co-exist and does anyone use both of these applications?
    I use both, they co-exist just fine.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  10.    #10  
    I tried purchasing Takephone through Handango. They will not accept my Paypal Account because I am from Canada. Unfortunatly I am unable to close my Purchase.
    I contacted Shimon and he got back promply. No chance for me to purchase through Paypal. And will not use my Credit Card on the Net.
    Any alternative available for me ?
    TreoLou.
    T600, Upgraded to T650
    Some banks/credit card companies will issue you a temporary disposable credit card number for a single online purchase....see if your does.
    If it is Visa or Mastercard, I don't see any problem with using them on the net, so long as you trust the seller. Handango is reputable and won't steal your money. Even if Handango tried, the banks, and Visa and Mastercard themselves, will cover any losses you suffer for wrongful use of your card. Millions of people do it every day, just like millions give their credit cards to waiters and merchants every day.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Well, I for one am amazed that there's anyone left who hasn't used his/her credit card on the internet. And since you've gone this long, I see no reason to break the streak. If you can't get a temporary card, ask if you can use Western Union.
    Actually, Western Union is the easiest way to get screwed with an online purchase. If anything goes wrong with the transaction, you may as well have handed over a stack of cash through an opened car window. Most of the e-bay scammers use only accept western union since it is the easiest way to take the money and run.

The following is from the Western Union Website:

Western Union does not recommend sending money to anyone you don't know. Only transfer money to someone you know personally or whose identity you can verify!

If you are purchasing goods or services and paying through the Western Union network, you do so at your own risk. Western Union does not recommend use of its money transfer service when doing business with a stranger and is not responsible for the non-receipt or quality of any goods or services.

http://www.westernunion.com/info/faqSecurity.asp
    But you can send it from locations (usually check cashing places I think) in most cities so its still possible to do cash business.

Plus, I wouldn't actually call Shimon a stranger.
    what's so great about takephone?
  17.    #17  
    I send again an Email to Shimon asking to transfer directly $$$ electronicaly and this service is not available from is bank. Shimon seems to be a good guy. He promply reply to all my emails. I guess I will have no other alternative to use my Credit Card. Thanks for all the replies.
    TreoLou
    T600, Upgraded to T650
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLou
    I send again an Email to Shimon asking to transfer directly $$$ electronicaly and this service is not available from is bank. Shimon seems to be a good guy. He promply reply to all my emails. I guess I will have no other alternative to use my Credit Card. Thanks for all the replies.
    TreoLou
    Just get two credit cards. I have one with a low limit just for use on the net and a second card with a larger limit for brick'n'mortar stores...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I just don't get not putting your card on the net. I mean, do you ever give your card to a waiter at a restaurant? Then they take it to the back. Do you ever make a hotel or car reservation over the phone and give out your card number?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Ditto! In fact, I wish there was a way to do a study to find out how many lives were saved by Treo users not having to fumble around inputting voicemail pass codes or looking up contacts while driving.

Way to go Shimon!

I just purchased the app. I have a question about voicemail passcodes. Hoovs, I have been playing around with the app and cannot find out how to automatically have the passcode for voicemail entered. Can you help me with this?

Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast