1.    #1  
    It has been over 24 hours since my last mysterious reset and my Treo is once again alive and well.

Through a series of hard resets, troubleshooting and consulting I think the problem was Xpressmail. The reset log indicated the resets were caused while running network.

At first I thought the problem was caused by Volumecare upgrading but working with GoTreo Software, that cause was eliminated. I don't know if it's possible but maybe Volumecare triggered something in Xpressmail.

I had the Sim card replaced, the Sim card Tray replaced and the problem persisted just in case.

I'm no longer using Xpressmail, instead have fallen back to Versamail. I've got a feeling that Xpressmail is more suited to someone who establishes an active connection with a server than someone who occassionally pulls email from a POP source. Without that active connection, Xpressmail panics and the resets occur.

I'm not a technical person but are my observations that off the mark?
    If you don't need a "live" link to Exchange Server (Outlook in a corporate environment), then you don't need Xpress Mail. Versamail is just fine for scheduled retrieval of e-mail from POP/SMTP systems.

That said, my Treo has been fairly stable for a week with Xpress Mail (but no VolumeCare). I posted the steps I took in the other thread (about Cingular replacing the Treo).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    Closing in on 48 hours without a reset.
    Had a scare last night when MediaNet went down in my area.
    Feared the phone had died once again.
    But it's up and running today not missing a beat.
    Yeah, my MediaNet went down last night, too. I'm in Muscle Shoals.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    If you don't need a "live" link to Exchange Server (Outlook in a corporate environment), then you don't need Xpress Mail. Versamail is just fine for scheduled retrieval of e-mail from POP/SMTP systems.

That said, my Treo has been fairly stable for a week with Xpress Mail (but no VolumeCare). I posted the steps I took in the other thread (about Cingular replacing the Treo).
    I found a condition in VolumeCare that caused resets that I *never* planned for! The reset would happen if:

1) The date/time was changed on the device
    2) A reset notification was sent by another 3rd party application. I had always operated under the assumption that a reset notification was *only* sent by the operating system after a reset. Not true!!! My bad! This has been corrected in VolumeCare version 5.11. Find it: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=28

Jeff