1.    #1  
    I recently had to replace my Treo... it went for a swim but luckily I had insurance. Anyway, my new one autodims the backlight after 15 seconds. Then in another 45 seconds (1-minute total) the backlight shuts off completely. I assume this is due to some Verizon software update. After doing a search on the forum I have seen several discussions of a similar issue on Cingular phones but haven't seen anything related to Verizon phones. I have checked and my "Power" Preference is set to Auto-Off after 3 minutes. I don't see any settings anywhere else that would affect this.

The addon applications I have which might also be contributing to this behavior are Keyshades and LEDOff. On the Cingular threads, there is mention of a "StopDim" application. I downloaded and installed this application but it doesn't help. I checked the "Stop Screen Diming During Calls" and "Fix Auto Off Bug". In addition, I set the AutoOff Timeout in the application to 5 minutes. The behavior is the same with the application installed so I'm assuming this is a totally different issue than the Cingular issue.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards, Steve Yarbrough (aka SLYDoggie)
    -----> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (aka SLYDoggie)
  2.    #2  
    A couple of new pieces of information based on some additional testing. I removed the "StopDim" application since it had no affect on the problem. I did a soft reset and the backlight behavior returned to normal. It still autodims when in a call but when the call ends the unit returns to normal full backlight until it goes auto-off after 3-minutes. Not sure what sets off the autodim after 15 seconds for the entire system behavior. If I find this out, I will make another post.

3.    #3  
    After a day, my unit is back to the backlight dim after 15 seconds and backlight off after 1 minute. No clue what causes it to revert to this behavior. When I did a soft reset it went back to normal "unit totally off after 3 minutes" behavior.

Any thoughts?