1.    #1  
    I am a registered user of VoiceDialer but can't get good support for this app.

VoiceSignal points support to the Palm Site and the Palm Site has extremely limited support for the app. The Palm Forums mention the issues I am having but no solutions have been posted.

I have the following issues.
    1) The app displays a message when launched that it is loading contact info and I should wait up to 1 min. This loop never finishes.
    2) The app is spontaneously launching. I keep finding the device with the app running trying to load contacts and not allowing the device to sleep. The phone is sitting flat on a desk fortunately attached to power considering this app keeps running. I know the side button is not getting pressed causing the launch of the app. It's quite a mystery.
    3) Voice Signal's site mentions "VSuite 2.0" but the apps version is not listed. Palms site has version 1.1.01 which has never had an update that I can see. Is this the latest version ?

I love this app when it works but it almost never works.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    Amen!!

What a run-around to get support or e-mail the developers!!

My problem is that application launches when I insert the headphone jack to listen to my mp3's.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Aprasad, does this help you?

http://www.voicesignal.com/support/t...ndex.php3#ap20

I'm debating whether or not to actually purchase this as upgrades are supposedly free. Have they updated? I see a lot of the questions in their FAQs say that those issues will be fixed in the next update. Has this ever happened? Thanks.
    Yes. That will help (I think). I am not using this application much and have uninstalled it from my Treo.

Defining important numbers to the Phone Quicklaunch is enough for my needs.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by rgps
    I am a registered user of VoiceDialer but can't get good support for this app.

VoiceSignal points support to the Palm Site and the Palm Site has extremely limited support for the app. The Palm Forums mention the issues I am having but no solutions have been posted.

1) The app displays a message when launched that it is loading contact info and I should wait up to 1 min. This loop never finishes.
    2) The app is spontaneously launching. I keep finding the device with the app running trying to load contacts and not allowing the device to sleep. The phone is sitting flat on a desk fortunately attached to power considering this app keeps running. I know the side button is not getting pressed causing the launch of the app. It's quite a mystery.
    3) Voice Signal's site mentions "VSuite 2.0" but the apps version is not listed. Palms site has version 1.1.01 which has never had an update that I can see. Is this the latest version ?

I love this app when it works but it almost never works.

Look at the FAQ posted by SoCal Cal

"Q. The products on your website lists VSuite 2.0 for the Palm Treo650. Can you tell me where I can download this version? (Palm's website and my phone's CD include only version 1.1.01, which lacks some of the features you list for VSuite 2.0.)

A. Actually, the Voice Dial application on the Treo650 is a version of VSuite 2.0. The number 1.1.0.1 is the software build number.

One of the key features of VSuite 2.0 is the "one-step" no training functionality, which is on the Treo650. Some of the other VSuite 2.0 features, which are described on our web site will be implemented in the next Voice Dial upgrade for the Treo650 phones."
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Cal
    Aprasad, does this help you?

http://www.voicesignal.com/support/t...ndex.php3#ap20

I'm debating whether or not to actually purchase this as upgrades are supposedly free. Have they updated? I see a lot of the questions in their FAQs say that those issues will be fixed in the next update. Has this ever happened? Thanks.
    To answer your question: No.

No major update in the last 6-8 months.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  7.    #7  
    aprasad I had the launching issue when headphones were inserted also. The fix posted above works fine for this issue. I think it's amazing that they haven't addressed this "known" issue are any other in so long. I understand there is a workaround but that should mean there is a way to fix this issue through software. They call it a hardware issue but there has to be a software solution.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    Quote Originally Posted by rgps
    I hope your headphone jack isn't getting flakey (lose solders inside .. triggering the wired headset trigger).

http://www.voicesignal.com/support/home.php3

has an e-mail address at the bottom. Try contacting them.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  9.    #9  
    SoCal Cal nice find. My visit to Voice Signal's site kept redirecting me back to PalmOne.com.

All the FAQ answers which state the bug will be fixed in the next release should really be addressed. If they say they are going to fix the bugs they should honor their word. Hopefully it's just a matter of time. At lease it is nice to know they are aware of the issues. I still don't see any reference to the auto launching issue but the soft reset seems to have solved this issues also. Another "bug" to be fixed in the Vaporware future release. Too bad really nice app if it was better maintained.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04