1.    #1  
    After some pain in the but process I was able to half-arse a working speakerphone with my 650 through the radio. Using the PalmOne 2.5mm to 3.5mm right angle adapter to a maze of cables and ending at an iRock FM transmitter and using Freedom by toysoft I can use my car speakers and the mic on the front of the Treo for calls. Well for a couple of months or so this is how I've done it. Well someone through a wrench in to my setup, for xmas I got a Sirius Starmate Replay (which so far is quite cool). Now I've got two products needing to use a FM transmitter for sound (my iRock and the built in one in Sirius). I'd like to condense in to one so that I don't have to switch radio stations to answer a call (man that felt strange to write). Here's what I'm proposing and was wondering if it would work....

See the attached picture for example....

In short the output of the Sirius and the Treo would plug in to a headphone splitter and the that would plug in to the iRock. In essence reverse the idea behind the headphone splitter. Would this work or is this going to fry a bunch of stuff? I'd think in *theory* it sounds feasible but I'm unsure what would happen when each unit received and sent a signal at the same time or if it would even matter at all.

Any thoughts?

TS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    if you could get sirius to stream through the 650 via the web feature that would be ideal.

the picture seems like a good idea. why not buy a aftermarket BT setup for the car and phone calls?
  3.    #3  
    Streaming would be nice but coverage is spotty on half of my drive and streaming even low 48k channels tend to skip and breakup. As far as a aftermarket setup, I'm trying keep the gadgets in the car to as low as possible and I prefer the speakerphone sound in my stereo. When setup it works quite nice and sounds good, I just need to find a solution allowing me to use the treo audio out and the sirius audio out through the same path. I didn't mention in the first post but I listen to audiobooks (audible) and some music thru ptunes as well thru my 650... Not sure if there is an answer, for some reason I thought one of the Seidio cradles had an audio in feature but I don't see it now and I just learned they all mono (except the newest one)....

/shrugs
    TS
    spent a lot of time on that pic?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I stream Sirius through my treo 650, on verizon with unlim data.

Only issue is missing calls while on the internet, funny how even at the end of 2005, we still are missing phone calls because we are dialed into the internet just like 1995
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    spent a lot of time on that pic?
    not quite 5 min you likey I'm taking orders on my next masterpiece....

TS
    Last edited by turbosteve; 12/30/2005 at 07:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by quake8
    I stream Sirius through my treo 650, on verizon with unlim data.

Only issue is missing calls while on the internet, funny how even at the end of 2005, we still are missing phone calls because we are dialed into the internet just like 1995
    I would really love to know how do you do this? I've done a search here and can't find a definitive answer on how I get Sirius streaming in real time on my 650. (I must be missing something.) I subscribe to Sirius and have unlimited VZW data. I also have pTunes. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    I would really love to know how do you do this? I've done a search here and can't find a definitive answer on how I get Sirius streaming in real time on my 650. (I must be missing something.) I subscribe to Sirius and have unlimited VZW data. I also have pTunes. Thanks.
    Lnoble - I'm in the same boat, and I am looking for the same thing...quake8, how EXACTLY are you streaming Sirius to your Treo 650? Inquiring minds want to know..............
  9.    #9  
    Well good news, It does work. I spent a couple of hours this weekend making all the connections and installed it. It worked just fine but I found another problem with it but it's probably local to my setup. I've always known that if I had my treo plugged in to a charger in the car and was playing books or music I always had bad interferance (namely alternator whine). I just always avoid the combo and it was never a problem. When I made the wires and plugged everything in I immediately noticed the same whine but the treo was not plugged in. It came from the Sirius, when I unplug the audio jack on the sirius it goes away. So for now I'm still using the fm transmitter built in the sirius but I'm going to address it. The addition of a ground loop isolator or I might rig something up with my DC/AC inverter and use my AC/DC inverter back (the latter would be a free fix but a lot of extra 'crap' in the car) both should fix the issue.

The actual wiring was remarkably simple, I took some old headphones and the factory earbud from the treo and cut them all off. I then soldered the wires together (don't try this just wrapping them together it won't work the internal wires have a coated shell around the wires and need to be heated to make a connecton (I used a lighter at first to test). Since then I've found another trick at http://treotricks.blogspot.com/ where he soldered some resisters inside his fm transmistter to change the resistance and thus make it speakerphone freindly. I'm going to go this route in the near future and eliminate an entire cord in the mix.

BTW when both items are connected and working the 2 sounds literally play right over each other (I tested with 2 older cd players first before risking my precious :P)

TS
    Be a little patient, Sirus is on the way.