Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by KMeloney
    I think you simply need to decide what you want to see happen with your Treo. Either see if you can solve the problems, or don't. (And if you solve problems that you're having that are due to user "error", well, then you learned something. )
    Hear hear, well said.

Not belittling anyone, but on the one hand I read "I didn't insall any palm apps", then read that there were at least two installed (Butler and Volume). I frequently hear from computer users that "I didn't do anything" when they did, INCLUDING the time that I took her word for it, replace a keyboard, and coffee poured out of the old keyboard as I carried it off.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. As was suggested, if you want the problems solved, you should attack them one at at time. Here are some suggestions at finding resolutions:

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4
    1) Bluetooth. I can get my PC to recognize my Treo 650 via Bluetooth, but my Treo cannot see my PC. I have tried several of the suggestions to no avail.
    Saying "I have tried several of the suggestions" tells us nothing. Which suggestions have you tried? If we don't know, we will a) Blindly offer suggestions, likely the same suggestions which were previously tried or b) Ignore your post or figure it's a rant (guess which of the two is happening the most).

There are two things you may be trying with your bluetooth connection to the PC - DUN or HotSync. From your post, we don't even know which. How can we begin to help?

Keep in mind, the problem may also be the Bluetooth device on your computer. Is it broadcasting? What device is it?

2) My Treo likes to seize up tighter than a drum sometimes when I get an incoming phone call.
    Out of everything you've posted, this is the one that most looks like a defective unit. This should not be happening. I DID have similar problems, but found tha it was because I blindly did the "I don't need no stupid instructions" thing, and synced my old Treo 600 stuff. Afer I did a full reset, and did things right, this went away.

3) My Versa Mail worked great for a few days. I could receive and send e-mails to my heart's content. Now I can only receive e-mail though because when I try to send one I get the old "Relaying Denied 550 5.7.1" error message. Nothing I have tried will fix that either.
    This is (most likely) not a Treo issue. Versamail is reporting what your server is "saying". A number of things are possible on the server side that would cause this. If it requires authentication, your password credentials may have somehow changed (either in the Treo or at the server). It could also be that some mail adminsitrator somewhere got an alert that "someone was bouncing mail" off his server, and stopped it.

Again, with the exception of the reset, most of the these issues can be resolved, if your unit is not defective. However, these issues are NOT inheirant in the devie and apps, as many others have successfully gotten all of the noted apps and services to work.

I have searched the forums and tried this and that, but nothing works. Even if it did work it pisses me off that I would have to go through all of these patchwork bandaid fixes in the first place. In time I am sure most of these bugs will be worked out, but for the money I spent on this thing I am not very impressed.

And while I am here...

4) Volume. The volume totally sucks on this phone. I had to purchase an aftermarket program to fix it (VolumeCare).

5) No LED indicator to tell you that you have an alert (voice mail, text message, etc.)??? I had to purchase Butler to get that functionality.

6) Of all of the cell phones I have owned only a Samsung I had at one time had worse reception.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 12/28/2005 at 07:20 PM. Reason: added quote on last set of paragraphs originally by Titan4 for clarity
    Well said, hparsons and I like also tonylmiller's suggestion.

Titan4, how about we start fresh on these challenges and help tackle them one by one, whenever possible? Please prioritize them as that may help as well.
    must...resist...urge...to...speak...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    must...resist...urge...to...speak...
    That is a difficult task for you isn't it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123