Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Everytime I try to uninstall my desktop I get a error message that says "Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\palmOne.msi"

What should I do besides restarting which I've tried already and also tried repairing the file, but no luck.
    Try reinstalling first and have it repair the previous installation - then remove it again.

If that doesn't work - I would do a manual unistall and then clean out the Windows Registry - but that's me. If you don't know much about the Windows Registry then tread lightly and don't blame me.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    The MS web site has a RegClean software that you can install to clean up your registry. If it delets some files that were needed, it also lets you reverse the clean up. It's free.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    The MS web site has a RegClean software that you can install to clean up your registry. If it delets some files that were needed, it also lets you reverse the clean up. It's free.

Good Luck

Microsofts web sit?? Whats the software called?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Fixed, thanks guys!