Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    How do i use my laptop with bluetooth to surf the web?
    I have been looking for DUN stuff but i cant find a clear how to.

Please let me know.
    You don't need the hack anymore b/c DUn has been enabled on the latest firmware... though pdanet is much easier to setup if you have probs getting DUN setup on your laptop...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    have used PDANet for years - works well for me. Never tried to set up DUN...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Ok I will try out PDA net... is the bluetooth method significantly slower than the cabled version?

also i see that during install, it checks for palm desktop. so i should install palm desktop software on the laptop as well...

can i use the cable that just came with my Treo 650 to connect to the laptop? thanks guys.. i can always depend on the treo community for a good answer!
    Yes, you cannot use PDAnet without Palm Desktop.
    PHONES:

Business: Handspring Treo 650
    Personal: Motorola RAZR V3c
    Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php

this download here.... i have downloaded it but i am wondering.. is this a time trial? how does it limit the user?
    I've found this to be the easiest process to follow:

http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/
    Hi, I have been trying to setup my laptop (win XP) to use the internet connection on my treo 650. I have read tons of articles, but none telling me how to resolve this error....

I am able to pair my phone and laptop fine and can even Sync using BT.

But when I enable DUN on the phone...
    go to bluetooth devices...
    go to the proporties of the phone...
    go to the Services tab...
    Check the "Dial-up Networking (DUN)" box..
    I click apply or ok and I get a window entitled "bluetooth service error" that has a msg "Access is Denied"

Anyone else have this error and find a way around it?

Thanks in Advance!
    Last edited by sigtau150; 12/28/2005 at 01:36 PM.
    I am using PDANet to connect my laptop to the internet via Bluetooth. I have a Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter. It was a muther to set up, but I finaly got it. As a matter of fact, I am running on that connection right now.
    A muther? That's putting it mildly. I have been trying for weeks to get PDANet to connect via bluetooth. I'm beginning to think it's impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by sigtau150
    Hi, I have been trying to setup my laptop (win XP) to use the internet connection on my treo 650. I have read tons of articles, but none telling me how to resolve this error....

I am able to pair my phone and laptop fine and can even Sync using BT.

But when I enable DUN on the phone...
    go to bluetooth devices...
    go to the proporties of the phone...
    go to the Services tab...
    Check the "Dial-up Networking (DUN)" box..
    I click apply or ok and I get a window entitled "bluetooth service error" that has a msg "Access is Denied"

Anyone else have this error and find a way around it?

Thanks in Advance!
    <merged> Try this thread. See post by ericshmerick.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I think the connection issue is with BT to the laptop, not PDANet.

I used PDANet pretty successfully with BT connection (had to do a little trial and error). BT Hotsync was WAAAYYY to slow, but the BT PDANet was pretty good. I believe the limiting factor is the speed of the phones internet connection, no tth eBT connection to the laptop.