1.    #1  
    Just a quick question... If I want to use versa mail to check my email, and do some basic web surfing can I just get the media net unlimited package for $20/month or do I have to get the Data unlimited package for $40?
    I had the Media Net Unlimited package for my treo and it worked just fine. Was able to do everything I needed from streaming radio to email, IM to web surfing.
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
    Same here...I think it is just a difference in what you pay. I use it a lot too - 97 megs last month!!
    I gotta try that!! I have been paying $50 a month for unlimited data
    Palm m105>Visor Prizm>Tungsten T>Clie Nx70v>Tungsten T3>Treo 600>Clie UX50>Tungsten T5>Treo 650>Tungsten TX>Treo 650 agian!!!
    Yes, you can use Media Ne unlimited on the Treo and save yourself some money.

All unlimited data plans (Media net, PDA plan, and laptop plan) are basicaly identical. The only difference is the price. They merely sell you the appropriate plan for the device you tell them you're using. So yes, you can use Media Net with the Treo with no problem.

The only actual difference with MediaNet vs. the rest of the unlimited data plans is that media net only allows you to use the wap.cingular access point whereas the others allow you to use isp.cingular
    More details on that in one of my previous posts here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...lar#post801492
    isp.cingular simply gives you a real IP address and was designed to be a workaround for poeple trying to use VPN. wap.cigular gives you a NAT (private) IP address and the router doesn't pass some types of VPN traffic.
    Note that the Treo is pre-configured to use wap.cingular out of the box. You'll only end up using isp.cingular if you manually create another network profile with the isp.cingular settings. When you have media net you can't use isp.cingular, but you don't need it.
    So even out of the box the Treo is compatible with MediaNet.

As far as traffic volume goes. No worries. They sell media net unlimited for use with MobiTV on normal cell phones and MobiTV uses a lot of data, so high usage on media net is not unexpected.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Will I notice any difference moving from Sprint's unlimited data (on a Treo 600) to Cingular's unlimited media net on a Tre 650? TIA.
    I learned about Media Net by reading this forum before I got my 650 last summer. The sales guy tried to sell me the Data Unlimited package, but I said "No thanks, Media Net will be fine." He said, "You won't be able to get e-mail with Media Net" (they just make this stuff up as they go, I think).

I told him I would just access my e-mail via the web, so they sold me Media Net (then $25/month). Of course, e-mail and everything else works just fine.

A few months later, I'm with my daughter looking for a new phone (not a Trea), and the sales person tells her she can get Media Net unlimted for $20/month. I said, "I'm paying $25 for mine." She said "Oh, I can fix that for you." She took Media Net off, added it back on, and now its $20. Of course, if I hadn't asked, it would still be $25.
    It appears from reading the Cingular site's description of their media bundles that text/media messages aren't included in the MediaNet unlimited package. Is that correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by barrettd
    It appears from reading the Cingular site's description of their media bundles that text/media messages aren't included in the MediaNet unlimited package. Is that correct?
    That's correct. Once upon a time "Media Works" bundle included unlimited data, but that has changed. The two bundles have limited data only.
    The only way to get unlimited data is to get Media Net and add text messaging and multimedia messaging packages a-la-carte.
    I have $20 Media Net + $10 for 1000 text messages. I don't use MMS because I can email pictures which uses data instead and the rare times I do want to use MMS I just pay the .25 per message
    So no bundles include unlimited.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G