Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Does anybody know of a utility I could run on my palm that would periodically do a ping and or check that availability of a service on a given port? I have looked on all the software sites for a tool like this but so far no luck.

Thanks
    You can do a manual ping (built-in to Treo). Search the forum, I don't remember the details.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Yeah I know but what I was really hoping for was a way to automate the process to about 10 machines. Have it execute that ping every x amount of minutes and give me an alarm if unreachable. I already have something that works using a a program on a pc and then generating an sms to the phone but I would like to be able to do it directly from the phone.

Steve
    Why waste the data cycles on your phone? The SMS alert seems like a better way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by vamp07
    Yeah I know but what I was really hoping for was a way to automate the process to about 10 machines. Have it execute that ping every x amount of minutes and give me an alarm if unreachable. I already have something that works using a a program on a pc and then generating an sms to the phone but I would like to be able to do it directly from the phone.

Steve
    You might be able to write a simple routine in Small BASIC (free) to do this.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad