1.    #1  
    My Seidio G4850M and Tom Tom software should be showing up on my door step soon and I was wondering if anyone had anytips on getting Tom Tom installed and running. Im installing on a 650 with about 800mb free on my SD card. TIA
    Last edited by AnteL0pe; 12/27/2005 at 10:59 AM.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    After you install, make sure you have version 5.12 or 5.201. If not, get the upgrade from the TomTom site. The rest the install is actually pretty easy. If you have a card reader, I'd use it to install maps as they are HUGE. Just choose the Advanced option when running the map installer.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I saw the review on the TreoCentral Home page which mentioned he reviewed 5.20. I just went to their website and they are still showing the latest update at 5.12. Anyone know how to get 5.20? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Djscoe
    I saw the review on the TreoCentral Home page which mentioned he reviewed 5.20. I just went to their website and they are still showing the latest update at 5.12. Anyone know how to get 5.20? Thanks.
    Select UK English site.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks. I'll try that.
  6.    #6  
    I found it on the US site somewhere.... I finally got the software up and running after i got 5.20 installed....
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    My Seidio G4850M and Tom Tom software should be showing up on my door step soon and I was wondering if anyone had anytips on getting Tom Tom installed and running. Im installing on a 650 with about 800mb free on my SD card. TIA
    A regional map requires about 150KB. At least one regional map and the application will be installed to the card. A "map" is really a directory containing a number of files. The registration procedure binds the application to the SD card. However, registration, preferences, and favorites will be stored on the handheld.

For convenience sake, I have copied all the regional maps to a directory on my laptop so that they will be available as I travel without carrying the CDs. Use 'advanced' or copy to do that. Since I have an SD reader on my PC, I prefer to use copy.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all the help and please continue to post more for others who may find this thread useful.

After some install troubles I now have 5.20 up and running with all the maps i need on my SD card.