Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    My phone reset when I asked it to Refresh movie times.
    You DID uninstall the old version first, right?
    Make sure that GMOV2 database is deleted before you start the new version.

You can just delete it with FileZ or something, then restart getmovies. GMOV2 will be in main memory (even if you run get movies off the card).
    I cant get any theaters to show up.
    Me neither. It would be nice if you could use it to buy tickets too! I normally go to Fandango!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    First, thanks to Sivil for this great program. It's simple, fast and to the point...

Second, thanks to this site and its members. I've had my Treo for 2 months now and learned a lot here (finally decided to register tonight).
    -------------------------------------
    I had the same problems as many here with no theaters showing up, but I did uninstall the program (through Uninstaller 3.0)and installed the latest 'beta' and everything is working fine again.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already: It'd be nice if the program doesn't close out the data connection upon every query (or have it as an option in preferences like 4Cast). That causes me the biggest delay since first I retrieve the theaters, then the times, etc...

As far as buying tickets...that'd be hands down the coolest thing ever, but I'd imagine fairly hard to implement.
    I wonder if you could link it to Fandango or another site where you can purchase tickets online and pick them up at the movies
    I have the same issue with a new install on a 650 as others. I can see it connect, but it doesn't retrieve any movies or theaters. I can see it going through the connection process, and it will display a list of lines with checked checkboxes next to the line, but I don't see any text beside the list.

I'll try the DB delete option to see if that helps. BTW: I downloaded the .prc directly from the website to my treo, so I didn't hotsync it from the PC. Could that be the problem?
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg
    I have the same issue with a new install on a 650 as others. I can see it connect, but it doesn't retrieve any movies or theaters. I can see it going through the connection process, and it will display a list of lines with checked checkboxes next to the line, but I don't see any text beside the list.

I'll try the DB delete option to see if that helps. BTW: I downloaded the .prc directly from the website to my treo, so I didn't hotsync it from the PC. Could that be the problem?
    This is the excact behavior I have. I did do the DB delete, didnt help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg

I saw this when I downloaded and tried the copy posted earlier in this thread. When I went to the website for a more recent version, I grabbed that and haven't had any trouble. ("Beta Version 2", btw)
    midmofan, sounds like you don't have the latest version. Honestly, I am not sure where the latest version is (or if there are more than one version w/ "Beta 2". I kind of think that the latest one and the one before that (the one that exhibits the behavior that you are seeing) were both called Beta 2, but I could be wrong...
    Folks, after I posted, I went back and read the messages in the previous postings on this topic. There was a change to the yahoo formatting that the author uses, so that's what's causing our problems. He's working on a fix, but let's give him some time to work on it...
    chris is working on a fix and i think we all will be happy with it.just give him some time

fred
  12.    #72  
    Sorry I havent been here in awhile. Between my computer getting infected with a nasty virus and myself getting sick with a real virus I havnt been around.

I updated my webpage to include the new version. Is the version I posted back in this thread still working for everybody or has something changed?

For those that are still seeing a blank list of theaters, you must remove the old version first. Also check to see if you have a GMOV2 database file loaded. If its there, remove it before loading new version.

I still need to include additional movies in the list for theaters showing more then 15 different movies. If this version is still working, I will get to it this weekend.

http://sivilsoft.blogspot.com/
    WORKS GREAT!

Nice job!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivil
    I still need to include additional movies in the list for theaters showing more then 15 different movies. If this version is still working, I will get to it this weekend.
    Yeah, it still only lists 13 of the 16 movies at my closest theater, otherwise quite a very handy program, I must say.
    Nice app....
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234