Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    nice job. Adding the date would be great as well.
  2.    #22  
    Another thing. I noticed that when I go from one theater to the next--within the same theater query--the movie times get cleared so that if I wanted to go back to the first theater it has to query movie times again. Would it be possible, or even desirable, to keep the movie times in cache and have a "Delete Cache" option in the dropdown?

This seems to be the biggest request Im getting. So, I will try to implement.
    Honestly I thought it was a little confusing at first.. You should maybe get rid of the "Add Theater' screen and in its place add a Zip code input box and a dropdown list of Theatres on the initial screen. Make the times entry smaller (scroll if necessary) to make room, right now it's usually 3 lines too big.

Also might make it where you can pull the time info for all movies for all theatres in the list, little more data transfer but would make it easier to find a movie that might only be playing at a few theatres. Then in the note showing the times the movie is playing, show the theatre in which it is playing as well.
  4.    #24  
    Im going to try to add the dropdown menu idea.
  5.    #26  
    Posted a small update. Just changed the zip field to accept numbers only and a couple of other small changes.

Im starting on the big additions this weekend.

Follow the same link at my site for newer version. http://sivilsoft.blogspot.com
    Thanks for the neat little app, Sivil. It came in handy over the weekend.
  7.    #28  
    New version in a couple of days. This one will include a dropdown menu so you can update movie times for more than one theater.
    How about when you type in a zip code, it list not only the theaters for the zip but all theaters from closest to farthest. Problem is sometime I don't know what theater is in which zipcode & I want to see what theaters are around me. There may be one I want that is just outside of the zip. Kind of like vindigo.
    When I type in my home zip code, which has no theaters, I get theaters based upon closest to farthest. I don't think it is based upon the zip only, but in miles from the zip you enter.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  10.    #31  
    GetMovies Beta 2 is ready. http://sivilsoft.blogspot.com/

it seems pretty stable but since this is beta software, use at your own risk and back up first. ****MUST DELETE OLD FIRST****

Changes in this version.
    -Updates include new dropdown menu to show all theaters
    -Ability to select which theaters show in drop down.
    -Refreah All option in menu.
    -show date/time for each theater update.

Things still not working.
    -5way in theater dropdown needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by Sivil; 01/09/2006 at 05:13 PM.
    Also, there is no 'next' button when viewing the movies at Loews Cherry Hill, NJ (08003). It only lists the first 10 films playing at that theatre.
    I searched on the Yahoo movies website to confirm that there are more more than 10 films listed.
    Thanks for the program!
    Dom
    Treo 650/Sprint PCS
    Marlton, NJ
  12.    #33  
    Also, there is no 'next' button when viewing the movies at Loews Cherry Hill, NJ (08003). It only lists the first 10 films playing at that theatre.

Thats strange, I will check it out.
    Hmm, deleted the old version, installed new. Put in zip, searched for theatre's, disabled one I don't go to. Closed, update movie times, Palm reset.
    after the update mine kept resetting as well, then I moved the app to the sd card (it runs fine from the card) and the problem stopped.
    That would be bizarre.. I did a bunch of cleanup on my palm (amazing what I had left around... I tried Mundu months ago and still had junk from it in ram... Junk from JUNK but anyway) and cleaned out a few "movie" files, so maybe I had something left over. I'm going to try it again.

Well, maybe a problem with the server it's pulling from tonight, I'm getting zero theatres now.

But of interest.. I still had my ZIP code in there out of nowhere, so I used destaller to delete it again, re-installed it, and no zip left over, so it might have been leftover prefs. Can't really say for sure right now though since I can't pull any theatres.
    I removed the old version and installed the new beta, now the program looks up the movies, shows a number of checked boxes but nothing in the movie box (it's blank).
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone
    I removed the old version and installed the new beta, now the program looks up the movies, shows a number of checked boxes but nothing in the movie box (it's blank).
    same here.
    Palm Vx -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p
    Guess I'm not the only one. I'm still having the same problem today, I thought last night maybe it was a server issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by plaut
    same here.
    ditto for me as well
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast