1.    #1  
    just wondering... there is a new program out that was designed for the PSP that repairs broken LCD screens...

the basis of the system is that pixles "freeze" or become Stuck on a certin color... i wonder if that is all that the screens are doing

the basis of the program used to repair the screens was that it would run a moving rainbow of colors that cycled through all of the available colors that you can run on the pixles... like a visualisation from WMP or Win Amp.... within 2-3 days of constant playing the pixles would become "unstuck"

i was just wondering because of the people who are getting the mysterious orang blotches on their screens

i managed to make this video used on PSP's to run on kinoma.

http://www.fileshack.us/files/717/pixle.zip

run in full screen for up to 3 days...
    Last edited by ironslave; 12/29/2005 at 05:34 PM. Reason: mis implied topic
    That would be interesting if those orange blotches could be fixed without the need to get a refurb or pay for a replacement. Do you have the link?
  3.    #3  
    link to what? it was just an idea... oHH i might know where to get a program like that though i got the idea from the tapwave zodiac... it was floating around the fourms for that place for a while.

ill look around
  4.    #4  
    ok.. so i found out that all they used on the PSP was this video.. its formatted for Kinoma player wants to try it out and post the results

http://www.fileshack.us/files/717/pixle.zip

run in full screen for up to 3 days...
    You have started your post as saying " ... there is a new program out that was designed for the PSP that repairs broken LCD screens... " so I thought that there was already one existing. Sorry, wishful thinking on my part but interesting concept.

Unfortunately, dead pixels are not new, they are usually result of bad quality on LCD manufacturing process. When LCD as displays were initially being sold out, first thing you look for are dead pixels. Dead pixels are also caused by excessive presure on the LCD screens.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    You have started your post as saying " ... there is a new program out that was designed for the PSP that repairs broken LCD screens... " so I thought that there was already one existing. Sorry, wishful thinking on my part but interesting concept.

Unfortunately, dead pixels are not new, they are usually result of bad quality on LCD manufacturing process. When LCD as displays were initially being sold out, first thing you look for are dead pixels. Dead pixels are also caused by excessive presure on the LCD screens.

well the whole thought of this post was to investigate how the PSP's LCDs are notorious for having stuck pixles... i began to wonder about the orange blotches on the Treos and wondered if it was the basis of the same problem..

runinng this video would cause the pixle to "reset" and become unstuck

actually a dead pixle cant be fixed.... i miss implyed the post kinda... but stuck pixles can be repaired...

actually i read on a post somewhere that a person managed to fix stuck pixles on an LCD screen by pressing on the area.. but not reccomended

so i have made this video to run on the treo 600.. just install kinoma video if you have it and run it for a few days...

the people that are using it say that they have had a 60% success rate with this video on the PSP
    Last edited by ironslave; 12/29/2005 at 06:02 PM.
    How can you tell which is a dead pixel versus a stuck pixel?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    where can I down load the video? is it a self contained program?

The damned spots are growing!

S.
    See post# 4 on this thread by ironslave
    Quote Originally Posted by Beechnut

S.
  10.    #10  
    a dead pixle is a pixle that will not light up AT ALL.. hence forth it is dead... you just cant revive them... a "stuck" pixle stays on a color no matter what

the only thing i am wondering about the orange pixle nomolies is are they bleeding(aka the screen is literaly broken.... making them unrepairable... no cant be... RGB... no yellow or orange in the default color scheme of the Basic RGB theory... unless there are 2 colors bleeding in just the right mix it shouldnt happen usually it would be solid black with a rainbowish look along the edges... so i am suspecting "stuck" pixles...

POST UP FOR RESULTS WHOEVER USES IT
    Last edited by ironslave; 12/30/2005 at 05:15 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beechnut

S.
    evil spots everywhere?