Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Help I have many apps on Powerrun and maybe 10% run from it (I thought most all would run from it).
    I usually download from my 650.
    BUT...is there an app which enables more apps to run from the card (Powerrun)?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rockky
    Help I have many apps on Powerrun and maybe 10% run from it (I thought most all would run from it).
    I usually download from my 650.
    BUT...is there an app which enables more apps to run from the card (Powerrun)?
    Thanks
    i'm sorry but i don't fully understand what you are askin........please explain,i myself use powerrun to launch almost all my apps from the card though so you shouldnt have any problems(if that is what you are asking about??), the only problem i have with powerrun is if i try to launch anything over 2-4 megs(usually apps w/ alot of associate or large database files attached to it) with it in which case i would use hi launcher to run the app(s) from the card,another great app by the way,a great piece of software to use in conjunction with powerrun,hope that sheds some light on your question anyway though!
    Last edited by Ljj8503; 12/26/2005 at 10:10 PM.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Like Ljj8503, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. He offered some great information, I'll try to tackle your question from another angle:

Bear in mind that not all apps can run from the SD card. Any app that runs in the background (e.g., Chatter email) or uses alarms must run in RAM -- trying to run them from the SD card will disable some functionality. (I'm sure there are other types of apps that must run from RAM, but they're not coming to mind immediately.)

Which apps do you want to run from the SD card but are having difficulty with?
    Zlauncher
    P Tunes
    MobiTV
    Flight Status

Can these go on the SD card?

Or better yet what are the more popular apps that MUST go onto RAM.
    Yes to flight status and mobitv. Yes to ptunes unless you want to run it in the background or use it in conjunction with a 3rd party ringer. Don't think ZL would work on the SD if you wanted it to be your main apps launcher + you'd need PowerRun to move it which seems redundant since ZL does a great job moving apps to the card
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."