Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wow that TODAY screen looks awesome!!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Here's another shot, with the seconds and week of the year at the top:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    sorry this is light years behind Agendus - can't really compare the two - AGPro 9.06 in my opinion takes the lead.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I kinda like it. It's simple and looks pretty slick. I have to admit to being a Datebk 5/ 6 supporter though!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    sorry this is light years behind Agendus - can't really compare the two - AGPro 9.06 in my opinion takes the lead.
    Agendus seems really tied to contacts though. I don't need to do anything with connecting datebook entries to my contacts, so is agendus still the better choice? I've heard that you should only use agendus over datebk if you want that contacts integration.
  6.    #26  
    Thanks for the pics Hicks
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Does it work with ChatterEmail?

Al
    I would also like to know if it would work with chattermail I might upgrade
  9.    #29  
    Right now i do not believe it support chatter or snapper. in the forum i see request for chatter and this statement is from the forum

Have fun playing with the Today View - that's probably one of the most
    visible new options, and yes, I will be looking at supporting SnapperMail as
    well as the currently implemented VersaMail. Don't be surprised if I don't
    respond to all queries on the forum as I am still very tied up with chasing
    down some device-specific bugs and also spending time with comprehensive
    testing.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by iebnn
    Agendus seems really tied to contacts though. I don't need to do anything with connecting datebook entries to my contacts, so is agendus still the better choice? I've heard that you should only use agendus over datebk if you want that contacts integration.
    Both programs are good. Datebk6 has advantages in Calendar handling. Agendus is a Contact Manager that adds a lot of features.

You can get a long debate over which is better and for each individual it will be different.

I highly recommend that you try both to see which suits your needs. But both programs use note fields to handle the various "codings" for icons and other links etc......these can get into conflict with one another so be prepared to clean the notes out in between program tests.

I prefer Agendus, your mileage may vary.

I can say that Agendus's builtin Contact view - you can tap and hold on a contact and a pop up will come up to schedule a call, appointment or todo and it will fill in some of the information. It will store this in a contact history view. If your using the Pro version you can also record a voice note or drawing to that meeting, task or call.....and if Datebk6 is planning on that.....it might narrow the gap.

I've been testing this prerelease and admit there are several new features but as yet - it doesn't have an integrated email client, a wireless access for weather, quote of the day, and history. Can't use MakeSpot for day colorizing in week and month views.

The 2 programs serve different purposes: Agendus is more of a contact manager program. Datebook is more of a calendaring program.....but a good one.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Does it work with ChatterEmail?

Al

In looking at the settings for the Today view - there is going to be the ability to have 2 addin applications that can be placed there.

I think that CESD just hasn't made this "functional" until he gets closer to a release instead of a pre-release.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  12.    #32  
    This is the best Datebk vs Agendus compaision i have seen
    click on the links at the top to change views

Datebk VS Agendus

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    It is a comparison but it was tainted in my opinion. I have seen this comparison before and the reason I say it's tainted is that there are features (the Agendus used was 9.0) that were in it that the user/writer didn't post about. Primarily not finding fault with the writer - he probably didn't know about the differences.

The most promenient is the tap and hold to view any appointment etc. Also, the colorization capabilities of the week and month view. He did show the weekend colorization capabilities but you can now color the days (and you could in v9) anyway that you'd like.

I'll always go back to my favorite statement: Try both before you buy either one....they are two very different programs.
    Moose Man
    Interesting discussion. I'm trying out both of these. One issue I have is that my Treo is mainly a read only device. I do most of my scheduling on Outlook and rarely modify appointments, todo's, or contacts on the Treo. Will there be advantages to either Datebk or Agendus in this situation? (I realize that Agendus has a desktop app that looks like it modifies Outlook; I'm a bit hesitant to modify my desktop, because I'm worried that Outlook will be upgraded and not be backwards compatible, or that MS will release some security patch that breaks the add-on component--it's happended before.) Thanks for your thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    I do most of my scheduling on Outlook and rarely modify appointments, todo's, or contacts on the Treo. Will there be advantages to either Datebk or Agendus in this situation?
    The big advantage I see with DateBk in this situation is when viewing the month view of the calendar. Rather than having to open that day, you can hit the center button and a small window opens up showing you what is scheduled that day.
    Can either of these keep your contacts sorted differently? I.e., I'd like my business contacts to be sorted by company and my personal contacts to be sorted by name. I'm not using a 3rd party contact software now and this is my one deal breaker from upgrading. (I imagine both pieces of software would do this, but I don't want to waste any time if either can't do it). Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    Interesting discussion. I'm trying out both of these. One issue I have is that my Treo is mainly a read only device. I do most of my scheduling on Outlook and rarely modify appointments, todo's, or contacts on the Treo. Will there be advantages to either Datebk or Agendus in this situation? (I realize that Agendus has a desktop app that looks like it modifies Outlook; I'm a bit hesitant to modify my desktop, because I'm worried that Outlook will be upgraded and not be backwards compatible, or that MS will release some security patch that breaks the add-on component--it's happended before.) Thanks for your thoughts.
    If you are using TimeZone support - Datebk has the advantage. Agendus has not yet incorporated this into it. Also, you don't need (and I don't use) the windows desktop component. It's not even remotely necessary with a 650. It was primarily created at the request of several users that wanted some sense of the same screen in Outlook.

PabloTX also raises a good point however there is away to do the same thing in Agendus and I think better: Quarter view provides a split screen that shows you the details for the day selected. Calendar on top with the bottom half showing the details for that day selected. Dpad navigation to the next day which unless it's changed I don't believe is fully supported in DB5 - although it may be in 6. Plus you can color the days in the Week, Month, Quarter and Year views so opening a "day" view may not be necessary at all.

This colorization is what makes it work better for me....again your mileage may vary.
    Moose Man
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Can either of these keep your contacts sorted differently? I.e., I'd like my business contacts to be sorted by company and my personal contacts to be sorted by name. I'm not using a 3rd party contact software now and this is my one deal breaker from upgrading. (I imagine both pieces of software would do this, but I don't want to waste any time if either can't do it). Thanks.
    DB is limited to sorting the same way as the Palm address book. DB5 basically just allows you to view them inside of a split window.

Contact handling in Agendus is far superior. You can see any of the phone numbers and sort in almost unlimited ways. You can group by company, by zip, by state and of course the way you want....by company and then first or last name, by last name, by first name.....and you can chose what is shown on the right side from zip, email, state etc.
    Moose Man
    the major draw back of AGP is its footprint and lack of timezone support. And the major drawbacl for DBx is its lack of contact support, ota updates, rigidity of today screen. I myself stuck with AGP after trying them both. My advice is to try them both then choose one and stick with it. As some have said above, each program uses the notes section for data storage so you cannot flip flop between the two without some leg work.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Just a word of caution about Time Zone support with DB. I was a loyal DB5 user until I received my 650. I sync Versamail OTA with an exchange server for my email and calendar. My exchange server is in a different time zone from where I am located and DB was not (at least version 5) able to time switch my appointments to the correct time zone. CSED was very upfront about the issue (labeled a Palm PIM issue) but acknowledged that it did exist. He talked about a possible end of the year fix (DB6???).

My "solution" was to go to 2Day.

BTW, I am also a registered Agendus user, but dropped it a year or so ago. I like the superior Contact handling, but it is a bit bloated just to get a contact manager.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast