Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    I would like to have a simple, one-screen list of everything I need to do today - including both appointments from the calendar and tasks that I need to focus on today. (That is, tasks whose start date is today or before and whose due date is today or later).

It would also be great (but not required) if I could specify whether tasks require my attention on weekends or weekdays, or both.

I suspect I could make Datebk5 do this, more or less, if I messed with the options and preferences enough.

But are there any apps that will provide this sort of view out-of-the-box?

Thanks
    TMP provides an "at a glance" view of events and tasks due on a given day.

Not sure if it would support specifying whether tasks require attention on weekends or weekdays, or both. However, it is pretty customizable, so perhaps worth downloading an evaluation copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    TMP provides an "at a glance" view of events and tasks due on a given day.

Not sure if it would support specifying whether tasks require attention on weekends or weekdays, or both. However, it is pretty customizable, so perhaps worth downloading an evaluation copy.
    I vote for TMP as well. Great app-clean, simple and functional. Give it a go. You won't be dissapointed.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    This looks like a great "Today" style application, I am going to try it out for a couple days. Thanks for the link!
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I vote for TMP as well. Great app-clean, simple and functional. Give it a go. You won't be dissapointed.

Good Luck
    I tried it, but it doesn't seem to do what I want - unless there's a way to make it show only today, and not days before and after today. And a way to show only the todo's that are active today (the list should change depending on the day being displayed).

Thanks
    How about 2Day from http://www.shsh.com/ ?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124
    I tried it, but it doesn't seem to do what I want - unless there's a way to make it show only today, and not days before and after today. And a way to show only the todo's that are active today (the list should change depending on the day being displayed).

Thanks
    My biggest complaint is similiar to yours. I would like more configuration options such as only showing the calendar events and todos for today. Also I don't like how it shows days when I have nothing scheduled for them.

Overall I think the program has a much nicer interface than 2day but it lacks a lot of options that are useful.
    The new datebk6 has a Today view!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I used "Today" for a long time until I found 2day. It has a good screen for the 600 and has a lot of extra functionality like monitoring missed calls, voice mail, IMs, emails, battery, RAM and SD memory, etc. It has a coundown timer until the next appt, plugin support, launchers, DateBk5 icons, and now has a week view. Plus, if you set it to launch upon pressing the Calendar button you can also set it to show x number of views of DateBk5 before going back to 2day.

DateBk5 also does what you're asking for but doesn't have as many features.
    Insertion,

Did that Palm background come with Today?
    Quote Originally Posted by iebnn
    The new datebk6 has a Today view!
    Where can you get DateBook6 ? I only see version 5 on their website.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    Where can you get DateBook6 ? I only see version 5 on their website.
    Apparently, it's not soup yet: http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,26411.0.html

But DateBk5 has a Today-ish view. Even though its not called a "today" view that I know of, you can still see all of your ToDos and today's appointments on the same screen.