1.    #1  
    Just switched over to ZLauncher from Launcher X (Best decision I've made since purchasing the 650).

When I am looking at the Main screen, at the top it reports that I have 4 bars of service. If I switch to the Phone screen I am at 2 bars.

I know it is reporting the signal strength incorrectly because at my house I have no more than 3 bars, and usually have 2 bars.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Nope, and don't care. Like indian weather. Rock wet? It rains. Phone works? It's.. er. working.
  3.    #3  
    Well you may not care, but when I am working on my computer in my office I need to know if I can keep my phone on my desk or put it on my window sill in order to have a conversation without a call getting dropped...

Why waste my time and yours and post a response that doesn't pertain to a real answer to my question.
    Phone App reports signal strength showing 0-4 bars. ZL reports signal strength in finer increments, I think 8 is the max, so 2 Phone App bars would equate to 4 ZL bars. At least, this is true for my GSM Treo.
    Based on the ZLauncher themes I've used, I don't think the number of bars showing on ZLauncher compares "apples to apples" to the number of bars showing on the phone app. The ZLauncher signal strength indicators (in the various themes I've used) seem to have more bars available (perhaps to make the icon more prominent), and as a result seem to show more bars than the phone app at any given time.

Nonetheless, the ZLauncher wireless strength indicator does still function as that -- more bars means you have a stronger signal.

Edited to add: Just saw AddictedtoTech's post... what he/she said.
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    Based on the ZLauncher themes I've used, I don't think the number of bars showing on ZLauncher compares "apples to apples" to the number of bars showing on the phone app. The ZLauncher signal strength indicators (in the various themes I've used) seem to have more bars available (perhaps to make the icon more prominent), and as a result seem to show more bars than the phone app at any given time.

Nonetheless, the ZLauncher wireless strength indicator does still function as that -- more bars means you have a stronger signal.

Edited to add: Just saw AddictedtoTech's post... what he/she said.
    Don't count the bars, tap & hold it & Zlauncher will show you "Signal Quality: ..." with a figure 0 ~ 30.

Quote Originally Posted by stevengoh
    Don't count the bars, tap & hold it & Zlauncher will show you "Signal Quality: ..." with a figure 0 ~ 30.

Absolutely right. "Bars" are not a standard measure...they are a graphical representation based upon thresholds determined by the programmer. Different programmers can set different thresholds...so one app will show 2 bars while another will show the same signal strength as 3 bars.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  8.    #8  
    I do get the correct signal strength when I tap and hold, which I noticed when I first installed, but it still is kind of annoying for me to have to do that in order to find out my true signal strength.

I guess I'll live with it since ZLauncher isn't being removed from my Treo! I love it too much now!
    FWIW - I don't think the signal strength meter resolution in Zlauncher is any better than the meter in the phone app. From what I've seen, it just shows double the number of bars... 1=2, 2=4, 3=6, etc. Consequently, I never see an odd number of bars in Zlauncher's meter. Watch it when your signal strength varies; you'll probably see bars appear and disappear, but always 2 at a time.
  10.    #10  
    sblanter: I have noticed this. thanks for the info!