1.    #1  
    Got PalmONe GPS for Christmas with Tom Tom. When I click navigator the screen says lost gps signal and it starts counting. Then it never finds it again. Do I have bad bluetooth on my phone?

The GPS is in my trusted device list. The bluetooth is one. Discovery finds the GPS receiver.

The blue light slowly blinks on the gps reciever. It is fully charged. I have a Sprint 650.

Any help would be apprciated.

Mij
    What is the orange light on the GPS receiver doing? With the Palm-branded receiver, steady bright orange means searching for satellites. Slow blinking bright orange means it is happy.

Anything else, including a very dimly lit orange, means the GPS receiver ain't happy. I know, 'cause I have one of these, and every once in a while it gets in this unhappy state. Nothing seems to work except some random number of power cycles. This happens to me on the order of once every three or four weeks. I have a feeling a Seidio RBT-2010 is in my not too distant future...
    Similar problem happened to me. After reinstalling TomTom a bunch of times, I figured it might be the GPS module itself - so I sent it back to Semsons for a new one. Should get it tomorrow - here's keeping my fingers crossed!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses. It was a steady bright orange light on the GPS. I had to get on the highway for it to find the satellites. Used it on a 3 1/2 hour trip. I love Tom Tom(my only gripe is that I wish it showed what road you were on all the time). I don't like the battery life of the palm and also how long it takes to find a satelite. I think I am going to return mine and get the seidio as well.
    A little off topic, but since you all are using the Tom Tom software on your Treos..... How do you make the screen stay on? My keeps shutting off at whatever my Auto-Off setting is. So, every 3 minutes, the screen goes dark, I hit a key, it comes back up and has to reconnect to the receiver. Obviously annoying when driving. I have looked all over for a setting, can't find anything. Any help?
    rondmcd

Do a search on this forum. many users have reported this problem. I personally don't have this problem with either a wired or BT device.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by rondmcd
    A little off topic, but since you all are using the Tom Tom software on your Treos..... How do you make the screen stay on? My keeps shutting off at whatever my Auto-Off setting is. So, every 3 minutes, the screen goes dark, I hit a key, it comes back up and has to reconnect to the receiver. Obviously annoying when driving. I have looked all over for a setting, can't find anything. Any help?
    Has to be 10 places where this question wa sasked in last week.

I much prefer STOIC

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...y_On_in_Cradle

over

Always On

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-339.html?AlwaysOn
    If you go into "Change Preferences" and "Show GPS Status" what is going on there. Are the bars moving or is there nothing going on? If nothing is going on then it doesnt detect the GPS device at all, if there is movement in those bars then its searching for satellites but not getting a lock. The bars turn blue when there is a lock.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I have also found that TomTom wants the GPS already on before you start the app.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G