1.    #1  
    A lot of my friends are impressed by my treo 650 and a few of them have purchased or are thinking about purchasing one themselves. Fact is, my treo is only impressive to people because I've put a lot of work into getting it stable and hunting down cool software for it. You don't just buy a treo and it's ready out of the box to play videos, nintendo games, etc. etc.

What do you tell people when they ask you about them? See, the more people I recommend it to, the more I see my future friend and family tech support workload increasing.

I usually say something like "I love my treo, but it takes some tinkering to get it stable, and some time to hunt down software. Unless you enjoy doing that sort of thing, I wouldn't recommend it. If you want stability buy a nokia - if you enjoy tinkering and can live with some crashes every once in a while (or more) then you can handle a treo."

The treo is like a big, leaky, inefficient russian-made automobile. Expect to rebuild the engine before being able to use it. But once you get it running, you'll be the only guy on your block with one.
    It is doctor and medical students who oogle at my Treo. The setup is fairly easy, straightforward, the medical software for Palm platform is abundant. I have read about the travails of many on this forum with resets and bugs. But I've been reset-free and bug free ever since updating my sync software (special Intellisync software 'cause I have to get my calendar from Novell Groupwise). So it's easy for me to show folks around and recommend it.
    -- Josh
    If they really are interested (not the people are that are just like "Wow, that's a cool phone" or "Damn, that phone's huge!) tell them what you do with it on a daily message.

For me, it's my link to work (E-Mail, Calender, Contacts, Documents) via Sprint's Business Connect, Internet surfing if I need to look something up quick and I'm not near a computer or I don't have my laptop handy, phone calls (obviously), games when you're bored (whether it's on the throne or in the airport). The thing I love about it the most is I'm a computer nerd, so being on this forum opens my eyes to a lot of new things on the Treo that I can try out.

Personally, it is the greatest device that I ever own. There are 4 items I would never give up:

My Treo
    My TiVo
    My Computer
    My iPod
    I have personally influenced 3 friends to buy Treo. The irony is that all 3 have upgraded to the 650 and I still sitting here with my 600.

I only act as the tech support for 2 of them.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    If they really are interested (not the people are that are just like "Wow, that's a cool phone" or "Damn, that phone's huge!) tell them what you do with it on a daily message.
    DITTO!

I purchased the 600 in November 03 and my wife gave me the 650 in April 05. I have been extremely happy with both phones. I always let people know that I have never used the WM or CE operating systems and that they should compare the Treo with other phones.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi