Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #1  
    So, i lost my SD card with all my pictures, programs.

    How to do sync to update my new card with the last HotSync that was done?

    I can view the photos on my desktop folder:

    programfiles/palmone/user/photos/backupforinternal

    thanks!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  2. #2  
    Hotsync doesn't backup the most of the sd card programs or files . You are sol, except for things like pictures, docs to go, or other special programs.
  3. #3  
    Although it won't help you now, consider getting CardExport II and backing up your SD card periodically. I use Microsoft SyncToy, but you can get away with simple drag'n'drop to your PC.
  4. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #4  
    bump
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  5. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Hotsync doesn't backup the most of the sd card programs or files . You are sol, except for things like pictures, docs to go, or other special programs.
    hmm

    if you explore programfiles/palmone/user/photos/backupforinternal

    "user" being what you named your treo, you will find most of your pics and vids backed up in there....
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    hmm

    if you explore programfiles/palmone/user/photos/backupforinternal

    "user" being what you named your treo, you will find most of your pics and vids backed up in there....
    Of course. Those are from your internal memory.
  7. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Of course. Those are from your internal memory.
    how do i transfer it back up into the treo?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  8. #8  
    A Hotsync with the Media conduit set to "Desktop overwrites Device" will copy these back to the Treo memory.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  9. #9  
    By the way, use NotifyMe to make the Treo vibrate and make loud noises when the SD card is ejected. Saved me a couple of times when the card got ejected inadvertently.

    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...ml?NotifyMe%21
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    By the way, use NotifyMe to make the Treo vibrate and make loud noises when the SD card is ejected. Saved me a couple of times when the card got ejected inadvertently.

    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...ml?NotifyMe%21
    I use Cardkeeper for the same reason and it does the trick for me. (it's loud too)
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  11. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    A Hotsync with the Media conduit set to "Desktop overwrites Device" will copy these back to the Treo memory.
    awesome. how do i do that? i go to my treo,under conduit setup, but that option is not there.

    newbie, i am. thanks!! this is exactly what i'm trying to do.
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  12. #12  
    This is done on the PC:

    Right-click the Hotsync icon in the System Tray -> select Custom -> select Media -> select Change -> select Desktop Overwites Device

    (Do not check the Set as Default otherwise this will become the permanent setting)
    Last edited by aprasad; 12/27/2005 at 06:50 AM. Reason: correction
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  13. #13  
    Losing my card is always a worry for me...thus I always recommend apps like bluesquirrel Bluesync that automatically backs up the card during hotsync in addtion to ram...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    awesome. how do i do that? i go to my treo,under conduit setup, but that option is not there.

    newbie, i am. thanks!! this is exactly what i'm trying to do.

    bump
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  15. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    A Hotsync with the Media conduit set to "Desktop overwrites Device" will copy these back to the Treo memory.
    can u (pretty please) step by step this process so that i can do it on my treo?

    thanks!!!!!!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  16. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #16  
    scrtach that. did it, but the photos did not get reuploaded. hmm.
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  17. #17  
    In a pinch, copy them to the device using QuickInstall. Drag and drop the jpg files to the top window in QuickInstall and sync.

    Hotsync should have restored these, though. What did the Hotsync log say?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  18. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    In a pinch, copy them to the device using QuickInstall. Drag and drop the jpg files to the top window in QuickInstall and sync.

    Hotsync should have restored these, though. What did the Hotsync log say?
    you are the MAN. the quickinstall i was able to reupload all the images and video that was backed up on my desktop.

    thank YOU
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT

Posting Permissions