Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I was looking on the Agendus website and it looks like this is pretty effective software. I am always very weary of installing new software on my 650 because I dont want to start getting wierd glitches or resets. Agendus seems as though it somewhat integrates with the palm OS and standard apps so im wondering what everybodys experience is with it here. I see that it is one of the top apps on the "top six" sticky thread. Is it a must have software?
    Will it be trouble free or should I be concerned about it causing glitches?
    Will I lose any of my current contact, calendar or memo data if I install this?
    Will my data continue to synch will outlook 2003 without problems? Last but not least please post what your FAVORITE FEATURE of Agendus is.
    Thanks a lot to anyone who takes the time to answer.

bmwguy
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy
    I was looking on the Agendus website and it looks like this is pretty effective software. I am always very weary of installing new software on my 650 because I dont want to start getting wierd glitches or resets. Agendus seems as though it somewhat integrates with the palm OS and standard apps so im wondering what everybodys experience is with it here. I see that it is one of the top apps on the "top six" sticky thread. Is it a must have software?
    Will it be trouble free or should I be concerned about it causing glitches?
    Will I lose any of my current contact, calendar or memo data if I install this?
    Will my data continue to synch will outlook 2003 without problems? Last but not least please post what your FAVORITE FEATURE of Agendus is.
    Thanks a lot to anyone who takes the time to answer.

bmwguy
    yes, no (Not trouble free- but issues are minor) , no, no, yes - favorite feature is all the different views, email, web integration. I switched as a long-time datebk user.
    Favorite feature for me is the very nice and exceptionally easy linking of contacts with appointments.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Give it a trial - I"ve used it for 5 years.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    bmwguy,

Since I am a member of the Iambic Forum Team (volunteer that has basically moderator powers and I can see the Bug Track) I can say the following:

1. The only known glitches at the moment are very minor screen redraw issues, which unless you have your screen set just exactly as repeated you may never find them.
    2. You should not lose any of your current information.
    3. Outlook conduit issues: Agendus uses the default Palm Databases for either Outlook or the Palm Desktop. Agendus adds a handful of other databases that are backed up as part of the normal Palm backup. Agendus does not add any conduits - unless you also get the desktop applications which are not - not necessary for the 650.
    4. Trial - there is a free trial and I'd recommend that you give it a spin.

Favorite Feature - Icon views and contact history. That's 2 features so....I'll get off the soap box.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    How is the email program in APRO versus Snapper/Chatter/Versamail...?

MG
    Quote Originally Posted by swilcox
    Favorite feature for me is the very nice and exceptionally easy linking of contacts with appointments.
    Agreed.
    I've been using Agendus since version 7 and I think it's well worth the money. It's also nice being able to see all of the past history I've had with a contact
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam
    How is the email program in APRO versus Snapper/Chatter/Versamail...?

MG
    I like it better than versamail but it also does not have exchange capability like Versamail....which can be a blessing. I can access my exchange server via a pop3 configuration setup in Agendus Mail without much issue.

Chatter - I actually prefer over Agendus mail - at the moment. Both can do SSL with the proper version. I'm actually beta testing the latest version of Chatter's OWA Personal Edition which allows for exchange type email with an Outlook Exchange server but just on the email side and not like Versamail's email and Calendar exchange.

Agendus Mail is free to registered user's for Agendus Pro. I can't speak for Snapper as I don't use it.

Agendus Mail does integrate very well with the Agendus Pro and if you want to track email's or sms with a Contact via the Contact History it's the only way to go....as Agendus Pro will allow you to set the mail program to any client you want but it can't track emails outside of it's own program.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    I like it better than versamail but it also does not have exchange capability like Versamail....which can be a blessing. I can access my exchange server via a pop3 configuration setup in Agendus Mail without much issue.

Chatter - I actually prefer over Agendus mail - at the moment. Both can do SSL with the proper version. I'm actually beta testing the latest version of Chatter's OWA Personal Edition which allows for exchange type email with an Outlook Exchange server but just on the email side and not like Versamail's email and Calendar exchange.

Agendus Mail is free to registered user's for Agendus Pro. I can't speak for Snapper as I don't use it.

Agendus Mail does integrate very well with the Agendus Pro and if you want to track email's or sms with a Contact via the Contact History it's the only way to go....as Agendus Pro will allow you to set the mail program to any client you want but it can't track emails outside of it's own program.
    I'll be using POP only... no exchange server, just basic pop email.

Can it be set to go out and check every xx minutes like Chatter and Snapper and Versamail do?

Also does it have a Signature configuration? My company requires a lengthy signature and Versamail limits the length, thus I can't use it. Snapper allows it.

Finally, how do you know if you require the SSL version or Standard??

Thanks in advance...

MG
    Agendus Mail does not have a "time" feature to ping the servers. It's a manual request. (one of the pluses for Chatter)

If you are accessing via a POP3 protocol - SSL is probably not necessary but it depends upon your level of security that you are connecting to....and SSL is a bare for any email program to handle.

Signature - to the best of my knowledge there is no limit to the signature line.
    Moose Man
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thanks for everyone who replied. Looks like its worth trying out. RSGMOOSE thanks for your very detailed reply. One thing though. Please forgive my ignorance but your answer to question 3 went way over my head. What exactly is a conduit? Could you possibly put this in "noob" terms for me.
    Thanks,
    BMWGuy
    I love gadgets.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy
    Thanks for everyone who replied. Looks like its worth trying out. RSGMOOSE thanks for your very detailed reply. One thing though. Please forgive my ignorance but your answer to question 3 went way over my head. What exactly is a conduit? Could you possibly put this in "noob" terms for me.
    Thanks,
    BMWGuy
    A conduit is a software program that's added to the PC in order to Exchange information to the handheld. There are the default "conduits" that are supplied with the Treo in order to provide a channel between the PC and than Handheld. There is a conduit for each major PIM or Personal Information Manager such as Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Memos for the Treo. Also one for installing software and then another one for backup of the balance of the software.

Some programs add additional conduits. I have one for Screen Shots that allows a transfer of the files created by Linkesoft's Screen Shot program and converts that file to a Jpeg type picture onto the desktop.

Several others would be an email conduit, media, Avantgo, Vindigo and others as examples.

When a program starts adding a conduit...then more things can go wrong and data corruption could occur for that program.

Agendus does not add any such conduit unless you add the desktop component to the PC. I don't use those PC based programs at all from Agendus. I do all of my scheduling on the handheld and the backup is stored on the PC in the native Outlook application on my PC.
    Moose Man
    get your hands on version 9.06 - love agendus - would be lost without it. Cheers
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I love Adgendus, but not the email part.

Of course I love it more as I (originally) got it free as part of the infamous software giveaway!! But, hey, I paid for the upgrade...
    Surprised no one has mentioned this, but Power Search.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    hi
    you sound that you have this software running well with the treo 650. i tried the trial and loved it. when i purchased the pro version i can no longer sync with my outlook contacts and calender. i ahve upgraded with verizon and have checked the filters and the hotsync settings all seem fine. the only thing is i downloaded the full software. i have done a hard reset and have reinstalled the software and i can not solve it. can you advise me?
    thanks
    roxanne
    The first would be to run detect and repair from within Outlook's help menu. This will typically repair any issues caused by the bad conduits from Palm.

Post your hot sync log so I can see what error messages there are and any other possible causes.

I'm travelling and won't be able to respond to this thread until Sunday.
    Moose Man
    hi can someone help me figure out why i can not sync agendus pro with my palm treo? i have tried many things and the info just does not sync with the program on the treo. i had no problem with other apps like key suite ect.
    is this a simple fix or have i overlooked something?
    thanks
    roxanne
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Agendus=Pretty
    datebk5=Customizable
    Sprint 700p
    jay
    i do not understand your reply
    roxanne