1.    #1  
    I have the enfora wi-fi sled. I had it working fine and it was great. Now I cant connect at all using the sled, I get an error message that says that a GPRS connection is not available and to check my network settings in prefs, I have done that and checked connections to make sure it is using wi-fi adapter. I can't figure this one out and the enfora website and pdf's are no help. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried uninstalling all the enfora software and reinstalling and no luck.

Thanks,

Bill
    The common cure for the Treo around here: reset it and see if that clears up the problem.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    GPRS is something else... Unless the enfora sled tricks your treo into thinking it is a GPRS connection, I would try uninstalling a reinstalling the software that came with the sled. That should reset the network options so it's not looking at the gprs anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by jowille
    I have the enfora wi-fi sled. I had it working fine and it was great. Now I cant connect at all using the sled, I get an error message that says that a GPRS connection is not available and to check my network settings in prefs, I have done that and checked connections to make sure it is using wi-fi adapter. I can't figure this one out and the enfora website and pdf's are no help. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried uninstalling all the enfora software and reinstalling and no luck.
    Bill,

Have you tried going into Palm's Network prefs and deleting the Enfora802 network connection, and letting Enfora's software rebuild it the next time it tries to connect?

Marc
  5.    #5  
    hi guys, I appreciate the suggestions, unfortunately I have tried all of the above. I guess I will have to email enfora and see if I can get an answer. I have no clue as to why it would be looking for a gprs connection and have even tried taking out media net as a backup, but no luck there either.

Thanks, I'll keep y'all posted as to what I am able to find out.

Bill
  6.    #6  
    When I first got the enfora wifi sled , it was able to connect to my netgear wireless router with no problems. I tried to connect now and it cannot. I get the error message stating that a gprs connection is not available, to check my settings in network prefs or try again later. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the enfora software, hard-resetting the treo and only installing the wifi software without success. I still get the same message. I have checked settings in network prefs and connection prefs to make sure it is using the enfora net and wifi adapter.... any suggestions?

When trying the connection, the treo and sled sees the NETGEAR network and associates, but won't connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by jowille
    When I first got the enfora wifi sled , it was able to connect to my netgear wireless router with no problems. I tried to connect now and it cannot. I get the error message stating that a gprs connection is not available, to check my settings in network prefs or try again later. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the enfora software, hard-resetting the treo and only installing the wifi software without success. I still get the same message. I have checked settings in network prefs and connection prefs to make sure it is using the enfora net and wifi adapter.... any suggestions?

When trying the connection, the treo and sled sees the NETGEAR network and associates, but won't connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill
    Did you use the driver from the shipped CD or gotten it from the web? Understand that the shipped CD driver is unstable when installed and the download driver from the web https://www.enfora.com/support_downloads.asp will help to solve your problem.
  8.    #8  
    I used the one from the web origianally and when I reinstalled. There must be something in the Service Connection in the treo that has picked up a setting that looks for a GPRS connection, I do use Media Net as a backup. I am going to try another hard reset and make sure that nothing else is installed before the wifi adapter and see what happens.

Thanks,

Bill
    Hi I have the same problem as you Jowille. Did you find any solution to it? TIA.
    @jowille: I also get the following error when trying to connect with the Enfora.

Error: GPRS connection not available check your settings in Network Preferences and / or try again later (0x7143)

Is there a way to fix it? Thank you.
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by jowille View Post

Thanks,

Bill
    Bill:
    If it doesn’t work …is because your Treo is trying to connect to the Internet using GPRS, not the Enfora sled, after you install the Enfora software, the default internet connection must be the Enfora WiFi service,

You must check that the Enfora is your Primary Wireless Service…

Connect the Enfora adapter to the Treo, turn it on and open the Enfora Manager, then go to:

Options > Fallback preference > Primary Wireless Service > must be Enfora802Net

Set Fallback Wireless Service > to Enfora802Net (too)

If it doesn’t work...

Go to the Treo's Preferences (Prefs) > Network > Service > Enfora802Net > Details >

Check that Fallback is set to NONE then <Connect>

Or open your Browser….

If it doesn’t work try this:

Go to Preferences (Prefs) > Network > Service > Internet GPRS > Details >

Check that Fallback is set to Enfora802Net then <Connect> (will try to connect using GPRS, will fail, and then will connect using WiFi)….

open your Browser….

Victor
    Last edited by vgrajeda; 08/22/2009 at 11:59 PM.
    @vgrajeda, nothing wrong with helping but I hope you are aware that this was a 3 year old thread.