1.    #1  
    could someone kindly walk me through the steps on adding a background using zlauncher for at treo 650. i've read the zlauncher manual but still can't figure it out.

i have an sd card but don't know where i'm suppose to find the jpg files to add to the background path (palm/program/zlauncher/backimage)??

i'd really appreciate this. thank you, happy holidays!
    did you install jpeglib.prc?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    yes i did. i got it from http://www.nyctergatis.com/jpeglib/index.html

i also read the manual on zztechs.com and tried to figure out the 3 ways to set a background. is there something i need in order to see the jpg file because i do not see the jpg file anywhere.

These are their 3 methods:

1. Drag a supported picture file to the Create BackImage/ShortCut button of the Card Tools Panel , then it will be converted into a background image, and set as the current background image automatically.

Okay. Where is this picture file at? I have this jpeg on my SD card. Only way i see the pic(jpg) is in Pics & Video but there is no way i can drag it anywhere from here.

2. Tap on the supported picture file for one second, then select Back Image from the popup menu. Then it will be converted into a background image, and set as the current background image automatically.

This does not work again as i do no see the file in file manager or anywhere else besides Pics & Video. Where can I find the file?

3. Go to the Theme Manager, then open the BackImage, select a picture file, then tap the Select button from the pop up Operating Dialog. When you tap the OK button to exit the Theme Manager, the selected picture file be converted into a background image, and set as the current background image automatically.

Everytime I go in Theme Manager and open BackImage it reads "No Back Image". Then I click it and then hit "Select". It then takes me to "Set BackImage"... "Set To"... but i don't see the jpg. All I see are "All, Unfiled, System, Games, Utilities, Main , Multimedia, SANVOL, Set to all tabs"

So based on ZZtech's "3 ways" above I haven't figured away to do it on my 650.

I know I'm a newbie to the Zlauncher and hope I've described my problem enough to get further help on this. It's really driving me nuts because it seems so simple. I've been up and down in File Manager and don't see it in there and don't even know if that's where I should be looking.

Zlauncher has been praised highly by so many people. I'd like to figure this out and become one of them.

Please help. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    did you install jpeglib.prc?
    don't use the file manager. use the SD card tab in ZL to navigate around the directories on your card. then find the pic, press and hold and select backimage. If that option doesn't appear, you may need to install the version of jpeglib that came in the ZL zip file.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    scotty.
    found it. thank you very much!!!
    appreciate your tips.
    happy holidays

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    don't use the file manager. use the SD card tab in ZL to navigate around the directories on your card. then find the pic, press and hold and select backimage. If that option doesn't appear, you may need to install the version of jpeglib that came in the ZL zip file.
    Last edited by one2ku; 12/25/2005 at 01:34 PM.