1.    #1  
    So I can email from my treo using my gmail account, but I cannot email from my treo using my .Mac account... I can recieve my .Mac mail but when I try to email out I get this error " SEnding error: 5355/7/0 authentication failed" i've tried turning on SSL and TSL no luck... Kinda pissing me off cuse I work for apple and need to email out from this account
    There shouldn't be a problem; I have MANY .mac users... I'd suggest going to "Edit Mailbox" -> "Other" -> "Edit SMTP Profile" and double checking that the server, login name, and password are correct.

Marc
    Took me awhile to get mine working. Works great with just TLS checked.
  4.    #4  
    THanks Guys I'll give it ago and let ya know
  5. NT1
    Ensure your Login name is your .Mac user name without the @mac.com
  6.    #6  
    so i'm pretty for i've tried everything possible and this is weird...
    I tried using TLS, and tried not, I've tried using all the different smtp configs, I tried my login at myemail@mac.com and just as myemail... password is right... when I don't put the @mac.com I get an error that has myemail@mac.com@mac.com
  7.    #7  
    GOT IT!! THANKS FOR THE HELP... No further response need lol...
    I get an error that says ".Mac does not support the "IDLE" command..." does this mean it cannot be used for PUSH email via chatter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    I get an error that says ".Mac does not support the "IDLE" command..." does this mean it cannot be used for PUSH email via chatter?
    correct
    Oh welllllllllllll ... darn ... back to Fastmail. Thanks for the reply.