1.    #1  
    My Sprint Treo 650 does not work with the new Jaguar Bluetooth installation. Has anyone had any luck getting this to work?
    I have a 650 on cingular (gsm) latest firmware up date. It works in my 04 XJR but the complete phone book will not load into the car bt. It just picks up about 15 numbers out of my most used number space. If you haven't downloaded the latest firmware/software try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphwg
    I have a 650 on cingular (gsm) latest firmware up date. It works in my 04 XJR but the complete phone book will not load into the car bt. It just picks up about 15 numbers out of my most used number space. If you haven't downloaded the latest firmware/software try that.
    Hey, glad you've had luck with your Jag. I just got an 05 XJ VDP and am having some trouble. I've upgraded the firmware to 1.17-CNG as per Palm. It added the distiction for Headset and Carkit. I chose car kit and features actually went down. ie. it hangs the phone if I dont pick it up in two rings and I cant answer from the steering wheel button. Any suggestions? Would really appreciate the help...
    I have the GPS and touchscreen in the XJR. I have never tried to answer off of the streering wheel, but when I use the change button it does change the phone number that is shown. That leads me to believe that the steering wheel functions work. Why don't you go into the Treo and see if you can change the number of rings on the phone? Maybe that will change the number of rings in the car.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrod
    Hey, glad you've had luck with your Jag. I just got an 05 XJ VDP and am having some trouble. I've upgraded the firmware to 1.17-CNG as per Palm. It added the distiction for Headset and Carkit. I chose car kit and features actually went down. ie. it hangs the phone if I dont pick it up in two rings and I cant answer from the steering wheel button. Any suggestions? Would really appreciate the help...
    i'm a Jaguar Shop Foreman and have access to some factory online bluetooth troubleshooting procedures.....once i'm able to find a cingular treo 650 to test with i'll see what i can do for you.......everyone here is either with verizon or sprint (cdma)....i wonder if it will make a difference?
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    That would be awesome. I'm in the bay area, let me know if you need me to come by and use my Cingular treo :-). I've now reloaded the software and the issues are still the same.
    The biggest issue I have with Jaguar Bluetooth/Cingular setup is that the car will only accept the first 13 number is my favorites list. I would dearly like to get a bunch of additioal phone numbers resident in the car. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphwg
    The biggest issue I have with Jaguar Bluetooth/Cingular setup is that the car will only accept the first 13 number is my favorites list. I would dearly like to get a bunch of additioal phone numbers resident in the car. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    thats probably going to take some programming on palm's end.....currently only the sony ericcson t603 and a bunch of uk/euro only nokia and motorla phones do the automatic phone book download and only nokia phones will manually push the phonebook to the car....i opened up a tech case on it and will hear from them monday....tech is in great britain
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrod
    That would be awesome. I'm in the bay area, let me know if you need me to come by and use my Cingular treo :-). I've now reloaded the software and the issues are still the same.
    i work in santa monica.....i might have found a guinea pig...will let you know next week.......
    -- Oscar Wilde
    If you need somebody in the downtown Chicago area I would be willing to consider help.