1.    #1  
    It is one day before Christmas and 6 days before new year, where is the so called coming GSM new ROM? I am waiting for it for a long time. I already flashed the asian 1.71 version, but it is not stable at all.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Maybe that's why the ROW ROM is not out yet...but hopefully, it will be soon.

Happy Holidays
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    well, why bother? Palm is releasing a new PalmOS based phone w/in a few months (who knows it might be next month? ) Just buy the new phone and you have all the updates (new patches and 5.4.8.001 OS) . Palm will sell the new phone to all the current Treo650 owners for dirty cheap, like $599.00 instead of $649.99
    cool eh?
    now Merry Xmas to us all
    Quote Originally Posted by the_passenger
    well, why bother? Palm is releasing a new PalmOS based phone w/in a few months (who knows it might be next month? ) Just buy the new phone and you have all the updates (new patches and 5.4.8.001 OS) . Palm will sell the new phone to all the current Treo650 owners for dirty cheap, like $599.00 instead of $649.99
    cool eh?
    now Merry Xmas to us all
    You really think they will give us that good a deal on it? I thought they just throw in the undercoating.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  5. lua
    spending christmas screwing around with a rom updater. what fun.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by lua
    spending Christmas screwing around with a ROM updater. what fun.
    Did you get your Christmas shopping done?
  7. lua
    let's just say it's been "taken care of".
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    I read elsewhere on this forum about Palm not releasing it until mid Jan because of new sales & jammed telephone lines etc. (my paraphrase).
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    What the heck do new sales and jammed telephone lines have to do with a new rom?

If that is true, Palm is more screwed up than I thought

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    What the heck do new sales and jammed telephone lines have to do with a new rom?
    I'd imagine it means their clueless "support" personnel in the Philippines and India (?) are extremely busy giving inaccurate information to newbies around the holidays. They would not want to increase the burden on them to additionally provide bad advice on firmware upgrades at the same time.

Pulling answers out of their a## is not as easy as you would think, and Palm probably wants them to pace themselves.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    my cingular gsm got the update like 2 weeks ago - what are you guys waiting for?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the_passenger
    cool eh?
    now Merry Xmas to us all
    Wow! What a bargain!!! (Not!)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    my cingular gsm got the update like 2 weeks ago - what are you guys waiting for?
    Palm is fixing the stuff they screwed up on the Cingular 1.17.