1.    #1  
    Hi. Yesterday my T600 started getting the Battery/No Service problem. Works fine if it's plugged in, but with less than 97% battery, it cuts off to No Service or hangs up. It lasted about 15 months (swapped it out for the same problem last year).

I was going to just buy a new battery like the forum has suggested, but I thought I'd try and see what the Sprint store would do. I went into the closest Sprint store today, but they didn't have a Tech in today so told me to go to the store down the street to get it swapped. He said my warranty is out, but if I add the $3/mo ESRP the other store will swap it out. Went to the other store and the Tech said the phone was bad. They didn't have any in stock and the replacement one will be in next week.

They mentioned that they'll let you sign up for the ESRP now thru 31 Dec, but after that you can't sign up after the fact; you'll have to sign up when you purchase it or before the warranty expires. If you don't have it you may want to get it before the end of the year.
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Sometimes I have the exact same problem. It's maddening. Are you saying that I can sign on to lockline even though it has been more than 30 days since activation?
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I believe so for the ESRP. You can get the $3/month ESRP until 31 Dec.
    Sprint Equipment Service & Repair Program:
    Protects against mechanical and electrical failure due to normal wear and tear, as well as defects.
    http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/pdfs...ntyProgram.pdf

There's the TEP and ERP but they cost more and cover loss, buffoonery, etc. Not sure if they'll let you add that. I just want to cover failures and defects.

I added it at one store and then went to another that had a tech on duty (I think someone has to check the phone before they issue a replacement) same day and my replacement comes in Wed. I was going to just get a new battery but a replacement seemed like a good deal for $3/month.
    Bo Meyer
    Mac OS X
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Do they replace 600s with the same or 650s now?
    I support about 35 Treo users, both 600 and 650's from Verizon Wireless. I have replaced about 5 of the 600's for this very problem. I have also had the same issue with the cell phones I support as well. I thought it was a Verizon Wirelell problem?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337
    Do they replace 600s with the same or 650s now?
    No. They gave me a 600. Looks brand new to me but probably refurbished. Did a hotsync and I'm back in business; pretty easy swap out.
    Bo Meyer
    Mac OS X