Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so i just got a used treo 650 about a week ago and im LOVING it. it came with this slip on case that covers the whole treo, and when i wanna use my treo i just take it out of the case (i think its the standard treo 600 case). now i am one of those people who want to carry the treo in my pocket....but the case i have makes my treo more bulk in my pocket. do you think its safe to put just my treo in my pocket? does anyone here carry their treo in their pocket without a case? or should i just suck it up and use the case so my treo doesnt break? thanks .

JUSTIN
    Are you clumsy?

The same answer to my question will be the same answer to your question
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I would recommend using a case, I have the belt clip case and have used it for both my 600 and 650. The only problem (which I think is unavoidable) is the wear that the case puts on the screen edge. I saw it on my 600 and it has finally started to happen with my 650.

I would imagine putting it in your pocket would be OK, granted that's the only thing in there. There are lots of options out there, explore them and give your new treasure some protection.
    AT&T iPhone, My Blog!
  4.    #4  
    no, im not clumsy. but i am also worried about putting it in my pocket without a case because a long time ago i had a treo 600....and i put it in my pocket without a case and then one day while it was on my desk, out of know where the screen cracked and turned orange, so i wasnt sure if putting it in my pocket had anything to do with it.

and ofcourse if i do put my treo 650 in my pocket without a case, it would be the only thing in that pocket. i also have a screen protector on my 650 so it wont get scratches on the screen.
    I would say yes...I use a covertec pouch. Been using it for a year and it is still in great condition. They truly make a high quality product.

Outside from using the pouch, I don't use anything else (besides a screen protector). Personally, I like to show off my phone (even if I do have a couple drop marks on it!)
    Get something.... get a skin at least. Gives you a little bit of protection from the tiny knicks and scrapes.
  7.    #7  
    the most thing im worried about is my screen cracking from too much pressure in my pocket.....is that possible? like im not gonna sit on my treo.....but do you get what i mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday
    the most thing im worried about is my screen cracking from too much pressure in my pocket.....is that possible? like im not gonna sit on my treo.....but do you get what i mean?
    Don't put it in your back pocket then. Also, if you want some screen protection when you're not using it, I recommend a flip case. Check out Bellagio's, Covertec's, JavoEdge's, BoxWave's, and Krusell's Treo 650 flip cases.
    I am using my 650 without case or skin. It has been fine. I really careful with this thing. But now I just bought the skin from Seidio with beltclip. I rather put extra care on my treo than accidents like dropping it or scratching it.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    absofreekinlootly!!! I trashed my 600 because of no case. I bought the Innopocket aluminum case (http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-23--182.htm) for my 650 and am very pleased. I've dropped the phone a couple of times and there is no damage. I can use the 650 with the case closed and see very well. It flips open easilly. the only problem is typing is a bit more difficult with the case lid in the way. But, it's a reasonable tradeoff for better protection.
    In a word:
    yes, you will not regret not using a case. In many cases, a case is not only an issue of protection, but one of easier portabilty.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    The TreoCentral.com F650 flip case is very nice. Several of us at work use it. I carry my phone in my front pocket. -Jeff DLB
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    In a word:
    yes, you will not regret not using a case. In many cases, a case is not only an issue of protection, but one of easier portabilty.
    I agree, a case would provide at least some degree of protection. There are some nice cases out there -- if you want to put the phone in your pocket, the Krusell case would work well. I use the version that includes a screen cover, and have been very pleased with it.
  14.    #14  
    thanks for all the feedback....im not really worried about dropping it or getting a few knicks if i do, so im gonna stick without a case and just carry it in my pocket naked. and ofcourse i wont dare put anything else in my pocket with my treo cuz that is just asking for trouble. i feel sort of bad now cuz all you guys gave great suggestions on cases, and im not even intrested in using one. thanks anyways though guys.
    Curious... you are using a screen protector?
    I use the Seidio hoster, with screen protector from TreoCentral.

The Seidio is slim and light weight. The keys are protected since the treo clip on facing (key side) inward. With that, I don't need the keylock, it is slim and light. Work very nicely for me.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday
    I used my T600 and now the T650 without a case...And, always put in my pocket..front, back and jacket pocket. I have never had an issue with the screen or case or dropping.

I recommend using e-grips. I use the two sides, and on small patch at the top of the back instead of the full back patch. Using this minimalist approach provides enough grip on the sides for handling and enough grip on the back to keep from sliding around.

That said, if I could find a soft leather cover that was very tight, skin tight, I would carry it in the case all the time. But it would have to add zero to the Treo dimensions.
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    Curious... you are using a screen protector?
    yeah i am using a screen protector on my treo
    I have had my 650 for a week now. And used a 7135 Kyocera before that. I would HIGHLY recommend a case of some sort. Right now I am using a CPD belt pouch rather than the Treo version. The reason? Simple... the CPD belt pouch seems to cover the 650 comletely (weather protection) and more importantly, the case stays on my belt. The Treo case uses a simple piece of sprint steel that slips over your belt... while the CPD pouch uses a similar belt spring steel clip, but the clip is designed so that it HOOKS under your belt. It does NOT come off the belt unless you make an effort to reach around to one side with both hands and pull the 'under-hinge" away from your belt before sliding it off. I am looking at other options like a full skin of some type but that will just add to the bulk of the unit, which I am not prepared to do. The only thing I think I might do is try and find a CPD like belt pouch that has a thin LEATHER flap that goes OVER the phone, for better all-weather protection. I want protection in case the phone does happen to drop and I want protection against the elements, especially the SNOW up here.
    Murray
    I keep mine in my front pocket with no screen protector or case for almost a year now. No problems, but I am very careful with it, and do not keep anything else in my pocket.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast