1.    #1  
    I have remenants from old software that I don't use anymore (Like Adobe's Acrobat reader for Palm). Ideally, uninstalling the application from the PC should remove the conduit, vut sometimes it doesn't.

How do I delete some of the conduits manually? Another one I'd get rid of is the Versamail conduit (although I use VM on the handheld).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    You'd have to do it through the Windows Registry. I have unloaded various conduits from the registry in the past. It's not a big deal for the registry to "assign" a conduit and since the registry is necessary - unless you are confident in working with the registry then you may want to leave well enough alone.

The way that I typically do it is to search the entire registry for the "versamail" name and see where it's at and then delete it based upon the knowledge that I always have the CD if necessary to be able to reinstall it......

I pulled TomTom out a couple of years ago - just deleted all references to it and everything was fine but I did make a backup copy of the registry before starting. You might also want to be certain to have System Restore enabled in your using a Win XP or WinME machine.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I have messed with the Registry before. I'll look there.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    The conduit dll files are in your default palm dir. You can delete them there manually or you can also get 3rd party apps like conduit buddy that you can use to manage your conduits etc...

http://www.livepim.com/condbudy/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    The conduit dll files are in your default palm dir. You can delete them there manually or you can also get 3rd party apps like conduit buddy that you can use to manage your conduits etc...

http://www.livepim.com/condbudy/
    I've used ConduitBuddy. It works great!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C