Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8
    Will your new solution work on the Treo 650 also? Your information has been awesome. I'm dying for a way to get my OWA email to Fastmail, for Chatter. Thanks for sharing.
    Just use the OWA plug-in for Chatter.
    it looksgood, but how the heck to you install this thing
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil
    it looksgood, but how the heck to you install this thing
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    INSTALL: It is a jar file, which is java. After you save it to your harddrive, try openning it thru your browswer.
    Lotus Notes Rules run in the background even when you're not logged in. I've created a rule, which when enabled forwards all mails to my IMAP address that I can sync / be online with through Chatter.:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Just use the OWA plug-in for Chatter.
    Is it still available? I hope it gets back on track.
    I use Sprint Business Connection now, but before that I used Sperry Software's "Mobile Email Redirect for Microsoft Outlook." It is an Outlook add-in that automatically forwards email from your own desktop. Costs $30. Available at http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outloo...l-Redirect.asp. It worked well, but Sprint Business Connection absolutely rules in my book. SBC is a bit painful at $15 a month, but push email is so sweet.
    Personally using Versamail and having it check for mail every half hour is more than enough for my needs.
    CORP POLICY: ...I have not done this is in secret. I have been assigned as a lead to find alternative ways to retrieve emails to mobile devices. My direct superior is aware of my set up.

This is only possible solution that I have found so far that I thought would benefit many others here. I am also working on another (better) way to download directly to the handheld with no storage on a server beyond their control. ...
    Thanks for your response. I am VERY interested in a solution that downloads directly to the handheld. There is no way for me to use any kind of personal account for my e-mail as I work in corporate security and this would be a pretty egregious policy violation where I work.

For those with less strict corporate security policies, this is a nice solution.

In any case, what I really need is both e-mail and calendar. Ah, well, maybe Blackberry Connect.
    cant get it to work threw explorer, i have the latest java from sun, i wish there wore some better info on the install.....
  10.    #30  
    I could very well be mistaken, but I could have sworn that I used Internet Explorer to install it???? Did you try launching it from the site directly and also saving it to your HD and try launching it from there?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Thanks for your response. I am VERY interested in a solution that downloads directly to the handheld.
    I think that by I will have an answer for you by the middle of next week!!!!!!!
    cant get it to work threw explorer, i have the latest java from sun, i wish there wore some better info on the install.....
  13.    #33  
    Okay....I found a way to download all of these emails, including OWA directly to your phone!!!!!!!!!!! No desktop client needed at all!

Check it out:

Download OWA, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc....DIRECTLY TO YOUR PHONE!!!

Okay....many of you know I have been trying to get my corp email to my phone for nearly two years. I found some round about tricks (like Mr Postman) but they require a desktop to always be on and connected to the internet and the hassle of forwarding emails a couple different places to get it finally to my phone.

So, for the last two weeks I have been testing a service I just found that will access virtually any email account that has a web page interface and DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY TO THE PHONE!!!!!!!!

This is my new MUST HAVE for everyone with a cell phone with email.

So for the past 2 weeks, I have been accessing my corp MS Exchange email and downloading directly to my phone.....without having to even think about dealing with our IT department (don't get me going on that ).

So now EVERYONE with OWA can now have access to their Corp email, without having fight with IT!!!

The cool thing is that this will work with ANY CELL PHONE that has an email client for POP3 accounts. So it will work on Symbian, BB, Smartphones, WM 03 & 05, Nokia, etc.... If it has internet access and an email client, you can use it to download your email!

It will access:

I would encourage everyone to have this, it has opened up a whole new world for me!

It is called OneMail.togo at http://www.onemailtogo.com/

It is a service that is billed on an annual basis and is as cheap as $2.50 a month! I got the 3 account one which is only around $4 a month.

I don't think I have been this excited about my phone since the day I actually bought it. Check it out....I hope it helps you too!
    I don't see how this is any different then Versamail when it comes to POP3
  15.    #35  
    The difference is that this will work on ANY phone no matter what the OS is. You don't register the device, only the email account. So you can get your email on your little Nokia to your BB to your PPC WM05 device to your Palm OS Treo. So basically you reg the email address and you can access from all of your phones, no matter the OS, as long as it has internet connection and an email client.

For me that is worth $2.50 a month....or actually $4 for me since I got the 3 account package.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/20/2006 at 02:33 AM.
    I have installed Mrpostman but can't seem to configure it to access my OWA exchange 2003 server. There also isnt a place to input my password. Sorry for the newb question.
  17.    #37  
    I believe you set up your log in name and password in your email client's POP3 settings. Mr Postman then just uses that to log in. It's been about 2 months since I set mine up, and I have since deleted it since I have been using onemail.togo.

I hope this helps.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12