Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    When I first power-up the BT GPS receiver it takes about three to five minutes for it to locate the satellites...

How long does your BT TT5 take??
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    It depends on how long it's been off. If the GPS has been off for a while, it takes more time to locate the satellites since they would have moved far from their last known location. It usually takes mine two minutes from a cold start at my house. At my office it will take longer since the area is more dense with buildings.

There is a thread somewhere here that talks about how the GPS acquires a satellite fix.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    It depends on how long it's been off. If the GPS has been off for a while, it takes more time to locate the satellites since they would have moved far from their last known location...
    That makes perfect sense...thanks!
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I've been very happy with mine so far. I just returned the EMTAC GPS with Sirf Star II Chipset and it took 2-3 times as long to acquire a fix; The TT will fix from a cold start within 1 minute whereas the EMTAC sometimes took 5-10 minutes! Not to mention the software was terrible and buggy/unstable. For about the same price its hard to beat the TT5/Navigator bundle- the software alone is worth the price let alone the great receiver.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com