Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    if its your opinion that TT is the best out there right now, what other GPS software have you tried for the treo? or maybe the TT in europe is better than in the US? because i think TT is ok, not great. or maybe the key word is "best out there at the moment".... i know i've used mapopolis but on the ppc. and to me that was better than TT, aside from the maps being 2D. but they use navteq maps, and TT uses atlas? so maybe the software is only as good as the maps it uses.
    I tied Mapopolis but couldn't get on with it, Tom Tom is so easy to use & setup. I think that ttn is better in europe from what I have heard. As regards map data, it doesn't matter which each product uses, it is down to the sat nav supplier to get the mapping data into their format and then they, i.e. Tom Tom have to update their maps. I've talked to Teleatlas and was very impressed by what they do, and all the map errors that I mentioned had already been sorted by them, and they said it was down to Tom Tom to correct their own errors. So it is actually down to the sat nav suppliers to make sure they have the latest mappping data, but then update their own systems.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Can one of you TT5 users please tell me this?
    How big of a file/s is it to load to your SD card. I have now a 1g SD card with about 200mb used. Do I need to get a 2g card? I know it depends on the area (maps) you choose, but what is the popular wisdom?
    Thanks.
    you have plenty...

The largest Single State is Calif @ 67Mb
    All of Indiana is 19Mb

In your case their is a Mid West Map which includes all of Ill, Ind,Wis, Oh, ky, Tn, Mich and is 155Gb
    Let me ask all you TOM TOM users this...I use to have Telenav GPS service on Sprint and as it worked very well there was one feature I really loved and that was you could call a 800 number and dictiate your destination address and Label it like "HOME". It would then send that label destination to your phone, you would then select it and BOOM your on your way. It was a nice option to having to type in an address.
    viking..I'm not sure what you are asking? Anyway, TT doesnt have that feature, but on the otherhand the way you describe it, that sure sounds more painful than just using the TT interface to pull up an address..With the autosearch feature it doesnt take many key strokes and the favorites and built in memorization help also.
    I asked for and received the TomTom / globalsat gps set (with the Treo suction windshield mount) for Christmas -- used it on a 100 mile trip today and it was *incredible*..

I wanna take random trips just to use this thing! Worked beautifully.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I'm very happy with my TT5 with TT receiver combo. Viking, you can pre-select your home address and assign it to the "home" icon on the main menu page. Then, from wherever you are, you can navigate to "home" and it will calculate your route.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    I'm very happy with my TT5 with TT receiver combo....
    Count me in as another happy TT5 combo user. Been using it for about a month, and have been very pleased. Maps seem accurate, love how it re-configures the route on the fly when you get off track, the voice prompt timing is perfect. Also, love the John Cleese voice.
    I've been using my TomTom since mid-December and, for me, it's a killer app. It really came in handy last night as I was returning home from a family gathering. The highway (DC beltway) was shut down in an area in which I'm not totally familiar and with the TT I felt confident in leaving the highway and navigating around the incident. Without a doubt it saved me at least 30-minutes and a lot of hassle. I love the ultra-portability!
    Anyone know where you can buy the Seidio RBT-2010 BT receiver and TT 5 USA bundled together?
    TreoSaurus
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    I asked for and received the TomTom / globalsat gps set (with the Treo suction windshield mount) for Christmas -- used it on a 100 mile trip today and it was *incredible*..

I wanna take random trips just to use this thing! Worked beautifully.
    Hey, Santa was supposed to bring that to my house. I asked, but did not get, maybe I was a little too naughty this year.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoSaurus
    Anyone know where you can buy the Seidio RBT-2010 BT receiver and TT 5 USA bundled together?

TreoSaurus,

I think that receiver is only sold at www.seidioonline.com so far and it doesnt look like they have bundled it yet, but I would suggest you ask the question over in this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=2010

David might decided to offer it as a bundle w/tomtom if people request that

ps..I've had a chance to play with the RBT-2010 and it is a really nice BT/GPS receiver.

-Steve
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12