Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    A lot of cracksmokin' going on here.

I've been in insurance for over 20 years.

Auto is auto, homeowners is homeowners, and other is other (ex. PAP, etc.). Never the twain shall meet. (a claim on one type will not affect the other).

If it is, switch insurance companies, as they are trying to arse reap ya.

The "attorney" who says this (benny?), plus all the other pundits, are rediculous.
    I'm glad I'm not a paying customer; that would be like paying a blind man to be a photographer.

Thank you for fianlly putting some clarity to this. Pundits indeed. We've been saying from the original post that the PAP policy has nothing to do with homeowners or auto or any other policy for that matter. They're completely separate policies with no connection and no riders. So how would a claim on the PAP affect anything else. Anyone who argues this needs to pick up a phone, call State farm, and verify for themselves. PAY ATTENTION people - spearate policies.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Let me throw some more gasoline on the fire. My State Farm agent has told me *repeatedly* that STATE FARM (not him or his office) has implemented a policy directive that excludes smartphones (or the like) from PAP policies. He has refused to cover my 650's. I have seen numerous instances here where people have State Farm PAP policies covering their 650's. My question is - is this in fact State Farm policy or not? Anyone from State Farm here that can settle this question?

I say "or the like" (these are my words) because there is always discussion about what exactly a smartphone is. He did not give me specific definition, only the the 650 could not be covered because of this new policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart
    Let me throw some more gasoline on the fire. My State Farm agent has told me *repeatedly* that STATE FARM (not him or his office) has implemented a policy directive that excludes smartphones (or the like) from PAP policies. He has refused to cover my 650's. I have seen numerous instances here where people have State Farm PAP policies covering their 650's. My question is - is this in fact State Farm policy or not? Anyone from State Farm here that can settle this question?

I say "or the like" (these are my words) because there is always discussion about what exactly a smartphone is. He did not give me specific definition, only the the 650 could not be covered because of this new policy.
    I do know that insurance varies from state to state. I've heard that some areas don't even offer the PAP policy.

I called the agent that was closest to my house and got my 650 covered the next day. I just had to bring the phone in along with the receipt showing the ESN. They made sure that the ESN matched between the phone and the receipt and I had my policy. No other SF coverage before my PAP policy.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123