1.    #1  
    So 90% of the time I set my "World Clock" alarm, it will only go off on or after the scheduled time once I turn the screen on by pressing the red screen on/off button. Otherwise it never goes off.... Ive tried "Treo Alarm" as well and have had the same experience.

What the hell? Is there any way to actually get this to work all the time?

Thanks!
    Make sure that the alarm app or whatever app the alarm is set is in RAM and not on the card. Otherwise, your alarm won't go off at it's scheduled time and will go off when you turn on your Palm.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
  3.    #3  
    Im using the default World Clock alarm, which Ive got to assume is in RAM, if not ROM. TreoAlarm is also in RAM as well.

Am I the only one that has this issue?? Does everyone elses alarm go off without issue?
    You're not the only one. In fact, I demanded a warranty replacement with my first Treo and still experience intermittent alarm failures with the replacement device. This has happened in Butler, and mobileClock. There is something inherently wrong and the device goes into a sleep mode that is only awakened by a button push. I have also had Central fail to turn on the radio at a specific time.

There are several other threads (including one I started) that talk about this issue
    I've been using the World Clock Alarm since I got my Treo and have not missed an alarm yet. Are you using any software that may be causing a conflict? I have used Butler and Treo Alarm in the past and don't recall a problem...but you never know. Maybe try a hard reset and set the alarm a 1/2 dozen times to see if it is a software issue.
    I have to say i have been burned by my treo alarm as well. i hate bad mouthing my treo 'cause i do like him so. The alarm thing does "grind my gears" seems like when it goes to sleep i cant wake itself up, nevermind me
    I agree. I can not trust mine as an alarm either. I have tired many configurations, and sometimes it doesnt go off. Even using Palm internals and locking soft...
    yea, the alarm won't always work. If you turn on your treo, sometimes you will notice that the clock is all wrong for a split second, and then it updates. Then your alarms go off.
    I have verichat, which will turn on the treo every once in a while to reconnect, and it seems to keep my time current enough for my alarms to work.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ My biggest problem I've found when using my Treo as an alarm is remembering to make sure the ringer switch is set to "sound mode".

"Yeah boss, I was late to work because my Treo didn't wake me up..."
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    ^ My biggest problem I've found when using my Treo as an alarm is remembering to make sure the ringer switch is set to "sound mode".

"Yeah boss, I was late to work because my Treo didn't wake me up..."

if your boss is a treo user, he will probably understand

that is, if he wasn't late himself.
    try disabling "enable local network time" in prefs -> date & time ?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I've had the same problem with World Clock and Treo Alarm, so what I do now is set a Calendar time for like 5 minutes after my Alarm is supposed to go off as a back up.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    try disabling "enable local network time" in prefs -> date & time ?
    I disabled this a long time ago when I heard that it may cause other issues, so this isnt the prob.

Quote Originally Posted by neptical
    I've had the same problem with World Clock and Treo Alarm, so what I do now is set a Calendar time for like 5 minutes after my Alarm is supposed to go off as a back up.
    Never really thought to do that... does the calendar always give you an alert, unlike the alarm?

btw... thanks for the replies guys. looks like ill have to add this to my "little treo annoyances" list.. which, might i add is quickly starting to catch up with my "reasons treo kicks a$s" list...
    Never failed to have an alarm go off where it wasn't dumb user (mute switch) or dumb program (Agendus alarm going off during ANYTHING ELSE on the screen and locking up the Treo).

Otherwise it goes off every morning without a hitch... Using TreoAlarm, but it's all the same; a POS Alert time to wake a program to do something.
    My alarms have stopped working also. They used to work 100% so something is different. I guess I need to hard reset and reinstall by hand but I wish I knew what was causing the issue in case it happens again. My RBackUp doesn't wake the device anymore. When I turn the device on at 8am it starts the backup what was supposed to happen at 4am.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
  16.    #16  
    pretty annoying huh? Ill tell you what, if I hadnt fallen in love with gps and the super convenience of chatter email id switch back to a traditional cell in a minute. i dont even bother installing programs anymore cause i know 2 days later my treo will reset and lose all my preferences.
    I agree. I love snapper mail, web search while on the road, in a store etc. This device would be unstoppable if they would bother to improve PalmOS. Needs true multi threading, memory management that doesn't cause crashes and the ability to have an app crash without the OS going down with it....wait that's Linux
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    When I first got my Treo I used Bob's Alarm (now Mobile Clock). Yesterday I redid my laptop and did a hard reset on the Treo. I didn't have time to reinstall all my apps so I set the alarm on World Clock. It didn't go off until I turned on the Treo this morning. I'm wondering if the keyguard has anything to do with it. Previously I had disabled keyguard and never had any alarm problems but I wasn't using World Clock either.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I use "treo alarm"(3rd party app), and it works great until datebk5 gives a reminder or alarm that I havent responded to; then treo alarm wont alert until I acknowledge the datebk5 alarm then "treo alarm" will go off. Obviously too late cause I've already over slept. I assume this is related to a bug with
    "treo alarm" and not the treo or Datebk5 itself because ive never had a problem with datebk or the treo itself alerting me unless i had mute enabled.

Ive been a palm user for a while and my advise about installing 3rd party apps are as follows:
    One must test software before trusting software, there are 3rd party apps that are thoroughly tested and bugs are usually fixed quickly. You must learn what apps simply dont work well with your hardware.
    Get a SD card and backup backup backup...
    I think 99% of the treo and palm os problems comes from 3rd party apps.