Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    my 650 was also slowing down and resetting, and it seemed that it began with the install of 5.01 but Im not really sure. I noticed that my memory on the treo was critically low, under 1mb. I was able to delete some things and move others to the card. Now I have 5mb free ram and it is a lot faster. I have also installed 5.08 and things seem fine again.

Not sure if this is a VC issue or something else caused by lack of available RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jowille
    my 650 was also slowing down and resetting, and it seemed that it began with the install of 5.01 but Im not really sure. I noticed that my memory on the treo was critically low, under 1mb. I was able to delete some things and move others to the card. Now I have 5mb free ram and it is a lot faster. I have also installed 5.08 and things seem fine again.

Not sure if this is a VC issue or something else caused by lack of available RAM.
    May have been both. There were some known issues in 5.01 through 5.07. 5.08 is showing great promise!

Jeff
    Jeff... #*377 reads reset was caused while running network; fatal exception. Hasn't appeared since reverting to 4.3 earlier tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    Jeff... #*377 reads reset was caused while running network; fatal exception. Hasn't appeared since reverting to 4.3 earlier tonight.
    What you get a chance, can you go back to 5.08? Very curious if this repeats itself. If it does, is it after some period of time? If possible, what actions cause this to happen?

Jeff
    Disabled 4.3 and installing 5.08. I'll use it through the morning and let you know how it goes this afternoon. I'll have it set on Automatic with the default settings. I won't have it applied to Apps and I'll remove it from Resco Locker.
    Disabled 4.3 and installing 5.08. I'll use it through the morning and let you know how it goes this afternoon. I'll have it set on Automatic with the default settings. I won't have it applied to Apps and I'll remove it from Resco Locker.
    Awesome! Yes using Resco Locker can have some unpredictable results and VolumeCare has already taken the steps necessary to protect itself.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    In another thread I've noticed that people getting VC slowdowns were also using the new version of Butler. Could this have anything to do with it?
    Jeff... still getting resets and the blink. The resets seem to occur more often when the phone is dormant for a period of time. Same with the blink. The log still shows the same reference, reset was caused while running network; fatal exception.

Hadn't changed any of the settings and like yesterday, used the phone various ways (voice and data).

If I had to describe the way the phone is acting, i'de say that when I power it on the phone begins to search for the network. Something inhibits this connection and if successful, I get the blink or slow down. If it can find the network, it resets. This may be simplistic but not too technically savy with stuff like this.
    Jeff... still getting resets and the blink. The resets seem to occur more often when the phone is dormant for a period of time. Same with the blink. The log still shows the same reference, reset was caused while running network; fatal exception.

Hadn't changed any of the settings and like yesterday, used the phone various ways (voice and data).

If I had to describe the way the phone is acting, i'de say that when I power it on the phone begins to search for the network. Something inhibits this connection and if successful, I get the blink or slow down. If it can find the network, it resets. This may be simplistic but not too technically savy with stuff like this.
    What applications do you have installed that use the network and/or phone application? Then how about background applications in general?

I just can't see how VolumeCare could cause this behavior? Especially if you have App Volume feature disabled. Are you in a low signal area when this happens?

I have probably asked this before but what model Treo, Carrier and ROM are you using? Are you running a customer ROM or a standard Palm ROM?

Jeff
    It's a Treo 650 from Cingular running 1.17 ROM. To be honest, I have no idea what's running in the background. Does Xpressmail run in the background? I do use Blazer to access the internet as well as Avantgo. I have Versamail but haven't set it up or use it.

I did have Butler and Resco Locker on the Treo but deleted these programs.

This has been somewhat of a mystery all the way around.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I removed VC 5.01 and went back to 4.44 and it cleared up the slowing down and the occassional reset I was getting. I noticed the slowdown was after I installed VC... now that I went back to the older version, it is working fine...

I also upgraded verichat at the same time and thought maybe it was that... but for whatever reason everything seems fine now..

Kaoswolf
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    I removed VC 5.01 and went back to 4.44 and it cleared up the slowing down and the occassional reset I was getting. I noticed the slowdown was after I installed VC... now that I went back to the older version, it is working fine...

I also upgraded verichat at the same time and thought maybe it was that... but for whatever reason everything seems fine now..

Kaoswolf
    I would suggest going to 5.08. This is probably going to be the next official release as I am getting many positive reports about this release.

Jeff
    It's a Treo 650 from Cingular running 1.17 ROM. To be honest, I have no idea what's running in the background. Does Xpressmail run in the background? I do use Blazer to access the internet as well as Avantgo. I have Versamail but haven't set it up or use it.

I did have Butler and Resco Locker on the Treo but deleted these programs.

This has been somewhat of a mystery all the way around.
    While Resco Locker does some wonderful things, I very much recommend that if you are not 100% sure what you are doing with this program, do *not* use it. Changing memory characteristics in applicaitons is very dangerious and can cause many unpredictable results. Some of which *could* be slowdowns, resets, network hangs and just about anything else you can think of. The Treo is a *very* delicate Palm platform. If you read the forums closely, there are some very positive things Resco can do for you. Mainly around optimizations for Goodlink. But many hours have been devoted to selecting the right applications to lock. If you are unsure of what applications run int he background or what it means to run in the background, please do not use Resco Locker without really researching the forums first.

So lets take a look at your Treo specifically. Do you have a utility called FileZ loaded? if not install this application: http://GoTreoSoftware.com/downloads/...arty/filez.prc

Once loaded:

1) Go into FileZ on your Treo
    2) Press "View and Edit Files"
    3) open the folder "Internal"
    4) Press MENU key
    5) Select Options
    6) Select "Send Tree to Memo"
    7) Go into your "Memo" application on your Treo
    8) Select "FileZ file listing"
    9) Press MENU key
    10) Select Record
    11) Select "Send Memo"
    12) Select your email package
    13) Send it to "support@GoTreoSoftware.com"

I will then be able to look at the applications you have installed and be in a better position to help you get this up and running.

Jeff
    Jeff,
    I generated five memos and have sent all five to you.
    Thanks.
    Jeff.... did the hard reset, synced without restoring backup, and have installed Volumecare 5.08.

Past thirty minutes no resets or slowdowns.

I'll hold off on setting up email service until tomorrow. When I do, I'll use Versamail instead of Xpressmail.

I'll keep you posted and once again, thanks for the help.
    So, is this problem solved with the 5.08 version? I was using 5.01 and getting all the slowdown problems described, and I moved back to 4.22 and things got back to normal, speedwise.

Is version 5.08 good to go?

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    So, is this problem solved with the 5.08 version? I was using 5.01 and getting all the slowdown problems described, and I moved back to 4.22 and things got back to normal, speedwise.

Is version 5.08 good to go?

-Warr
    I am up to version 5.19. Slow downs are gone.

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...ownload&cid=12

Jeff
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123